Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call outs for great work at AirVenture this year

Randee with Scholler security. We had a couple of minor issues and he was great and offered solutions with a smile and friendly attitude. I have sent his supervisor an email with more details. Hopefully he will get some credit.Hot water at the showers on Stitts. A bit too warm at times but much better than the alternative!

My water wagon guys...the volunteers that fill the tanks for the "swamp coolers" in the forums and vendor areas. They had some hurdles to tackle last week with missing tank inventory, use of a tractor to pull the water, among others, and they stepped up and got it done anyway! Way to go guys!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

How about South Maintenance volunteers and Kidventure. They both did a great job! I would also like to thank West Ramp! Great Guys
    Last edited by RV8505; 07-31-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Finally, some positive feedback on the forums. I didn't have the opportunity to attend this year, but my virtual attendance was much better than I expected. At first I was a little disappointed, but when I learned so few VOLUNTEERS where providing that experience for me, I adjusted and became immersed in it. Watching the sunrise and sunsets on the web cams, the Airshows (which I hardly ever watch when I'm there) and the Theater in the woods made me feel like I was almost really there.

There are probably 1000s of great people who need a good slap on the back for a job well done and when I come next year, I'll be willing to shake every one of your hands. Thanks.

Dave in Missouri

Goggles

1. The tram drivers and schedulers. We never waited more than 4-5 minutes for a tram and the drivers were friendly, engaging, and helpful. Very nice service!

2. The guys who managed the webcams! I had to come home and work a couple days right in the middle of the trip but it was AWESOME to be able to log in and see everyone else having fun!

3. Ditto for the people who clean and manage the shower houses in the N40....what an awesome service.

4. Kudos to the food service people. We were so pleased to have so many choices, and many of them healthful as well. We saw plenty of salads, one place with an oriental stir fry, and a couple with reasonably healthful wraps etc. We thought the prices were very reasonable too but we live in the middle of a large city so everything in Wisconsin seems inexpensive to us!

5. AWESOME to have a restaurant and some camping supplies in the North 40. What a nice nice surprise!

6. The staff at the museum who are always informative and engaging, but especially so this year managing larger than usual crowds who fled there to escape the heat.

7. Hal and others who manage this forum! What a privilege to be able to share ideas and information with other attendees.

8. Loved the airshow! Nice variety of aircraft and performers!

9. Ditto the Kobbussen bus people....they always do a great job of getting us around the N40.

10. The folks at Bassler aviation! REALLY appreciate the discount and the frequent "drive-bys" of their fuel truck to see if we needed anything.

The parking folks and the people at check-in were outstanding as usual. As were the tower guys and gals.

I also greatly appreciate the job the people who hold the forums and workshops do. Very talented and knowledgable people sharing their time.

First Timer

MY wife and I had such a Great time, we were in camp scholar or ever how you spell it, lol.
    I do hold a pilots Lic she does not. I want to tell you I am hooked and will try my best to be there next year.
    I learned a lot, it is hard to explain, what I feel but it is good.
    so from a FIRST TIMER it was AWESOME.

SOOOOOOOO glad to read something positive on this forum about AV. RE: Grumpy old men - A chapter, that shall remain nameless, has a similar few who are always unhappy yet when asked to serve on the board, show up for a work day, share their talents or provide real direction: they are deathly silent and/or absent.
    So, I want to say. Great job AV12
    Charge your aviation passion battery and get your chapter moving - any direction - just moving.

And (how we can forget!) the wonderful people of Oshkosh. It is true that we bring a lot of revenue to the area, but, let's face it, we invade that town. Everyone, from the people that trust us with their house, to the vendors, restaurant owners, gas station employees, waiters/waitresses, and on and on have been great hosts. Not just this year, but every year that I've been there.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Kudos to the organizers (and performers, of course) of the afternoon airshows. I love that they changed things up this year. The addition of Tora!Tora!Tora!, the Skyhawks, etc. was awesome.

Same for the night airshow - it gets better each year!

Also kudos to the fella selling the Chill frozen treats for not judging me as I ate my weight in the Strawberry flavor all day Saturday.
    Last edited by TheGreatFlight; 08-01-2012 at 12:26 AM.