Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South 40 - 2nd class treatment

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    How were the chalet's added without increasing costs?
    People were renting the chalet's for 40K

Sorry but those "taxiways" are the emergency access points and we don't let people set up camp in them whether we are moving planes through them or not. Of course, someone put a suitcase showroom right in the middle of the one most frequently used in the past (I've been tasked with keeping that one clear when a fire chiefs car came blasting through during one of the unfortunate incidents several years ago).
    \
    Last edited by Chad Jensen; 08-02-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: language...please

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    People were renting the chalet's for 40K
    How many chalets were rented for $40k?

Probably enough to pay for that big shower room in the north 40

It all costs money. What should they reallocate? I guess they could raise the camping fees and charge more for water.
    How about a set of portable sinks? That shouldn't kill the budget and every other shower house on the field I have seen has one.

And demanding that company the port-o-pot company they have hired actually clean the port-o-pots rather than job emptying them shouldn't cost cost anything either. This is the first year that this has been a problem. I'm thinking that they switched vendors.

Helen

Probably enough to pay for that big shower room in the north 40
    I have my doubts they made enough to pay for themself.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    I have my doubts they made enough to pay for themself.
    I bet they turned a handsome profit. Structures like that aren't expensive to buy or rent. Also, EAA gets a cut of the concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I bet they turned a handsome profit.
    Were any chalets rented for the entire week? Were they rented for the advertised price? I bet we'll never know cause that will be kept secret....

I heard they made $200,000 from the chalets but not all board members feel even that profit justifies the backlash from the membership regarding the 'vision pollution' (as my family to calls it).

Quote Originally Posted by MyDogRudy View Post
    I heard they made $200,000 from the chalets but not all board members feel even that profit justifies the backlash from the membership regarding the 'vision pollution' (as my family to calls it).
    I agree. Not just the Chalets but They need to clean house on that flight line. I they so much junk up there you can't see the planes in the show.