Thread: I need some help...

I need some help...

...finding some photos. Any chance you were around the P-51s on Tuesday morning or the T-28s on Wed. morning and took any photos while the aircraft were starting or running? I'm talking about 9:00 / 9:30 local time. I flew in both at the aforementioned times and am trying to locate a photo or few of me either in or getting in, sitting in, or getting out of either aircraft. Or even taxing or taking off or landing. Crazy, right?

Engines start for P-51 (Charlotte's Chariot II) was 9:31 a.m. local time on the morning of Tuesday, July 24
    Taxi out was roughly 9:36
    Taxi back to ramp was one hour later, 10:36 a.m. local time
    This was a 3-ship formation with Charlotte's Chariot II, Lady Alice and The Rebel

Engines start for T-28 was 9:06 a.m. local time on the morning of Wednesday, July 25
    (gray w/ black stripe above wing, "U.S. Air Force," TL-723)
    ...we sat on the ramp for nearly twenty minutes while we waited for a guy to get his engine up and running...
    Taxi out was roughly 9:24
    We (nine Trojans) sat angled on the taxiway parallel to the runway, facing the crowd for a few moments, at 9:25 a.m.
    Rotation at 9:37 a.m.
    Touchdown (west, so 27, right?) at 10:42
    LONG taxi and wait until we finally parked at 11:02 a.m. local time

I'm still flipping out...this was one WILD week...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'll take a peek at my shots. Unlikely that I have anything of the P 51 but maybe from Wednesday. I spend quite a bit of time shooting around the T28 ramp in the mornings so cross your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneBrain View Post
    I'll take a peek at my shots. Unlikely that I have anything of the P 51 but maybe from Wednesday. I spend quite a bit of time shooting around the T28 ramp in the mornings so cross your fingers.
    Thanks

Kazoo - Sent you an e-mail about some thoughts for 2013.

Were you wearing a pink shirt (at least the collar looks pink) and a light colored cap?
    Bill

N222AB
    Fort Collins, CO

HOW in the world did you score some flights??? !!!

I may actually have video of the P51 taxiing back as that would be about the time I was in line for the Ford Tri-motor flight. I recorded a few planes taxiing back in to the warbirds area.

Sent you a pm, I think I may have something for you regarding the Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    HOW in the world did you score some flights??? !!!
    Honestly, if you knew the turn of events and saw the list of seemingly random decisions I made on Tuesday morning that led to what ultimately happened, you would agree with me that it was 100% luck. Note that "luck" is nothing more than preparation meets opportunity. And it was all through the meeting - again, seemingly random - of a particular individual, a name whom I have since found out many in the aviation community are familiar with. Needless to say I still need to express my deepest gratitude to him in writing.

I had absolutely zero plans to photograph - much less ride in - warbirds anytime this year, and CERTAINLY not at the world's greatest aviation celebration. Yes, I have been following some of the world's greatest aviation photographers for almost two years now and am trying to get into it, but, as a college student on a limited income, I didn't think I'd go from square one to near perfect score, at least not without first cutting a very large check.