Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post, Hopefully First build coming soon.

I think you'll like the MiniMax. As to engines, I'll have to turn the floor over to someone who is much more experienced than me. There are a number of possibilities out there and I don't have the experience to suggest any one over another. Rotax has been in the business a long tome....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

I got a response from the Minimax team, They say their plans will be available in the next week or two. in the meantime I will work on building my 4x16 workbench and getting tools and such together. Does anyone know of a tool list floating around for the minimax? I understand I will need the basic stuff plus a bandsaw and tabletop belt sander but is there anything else I should keep my eye out for? Thanks again guys. cannot wait to get the plans and to get started on the build. Heck, I might take a week off of work for the first part of the build!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Buchanan View Post
    No need to take my posts personally. I built a MiniMax from plans (back when it was supported by TEAM, great bunch of guys, shame they got slammed) and thoroughly enjoyed the plane. It is a great little flyer, so I also will "defend" the MiniMax.

............ My concern is a prospective builder might get a misinformed impression when seeing the "wings easily removed" comment on the Minimax website.

Every plane is a compromise, we just have to decide which compromises best fit our mission profile.
    OK Sam, got your point. Nothing personal, just didn't want helifrek to be disuaded from a fine little airplane because he might need help ataching and removing the wings...
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

Congrats, helifrek! Please keep us posted as you progress. Take your time and enjoy the experience of building - the fun of flying will come later and it will be much more fun if you know you've done everything right.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

well so far I am just waiting for the plans for the minimax to be available on the downloads page of the minimax website. Also drew plans for a 4X16 workbench and have cleared the garage. I want to join the east tennessee lonesome buzzards group but there site gives me an error, something along the lines of registration is closed for this forum. Does anyone have the administrators e-mail address? thanks again guys.

Brandon

I haven't visited the Lonesome Buzzards for quite a while now, but today when I clicked on my shortcut for the site I got a "link broken" message. Sorry I can't help. Have you tried googling "Lonesome Buzzards"?
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375