Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily Airshow schedules and updates....

might want to double check the tram cars and make sure all the text numbers are right.

Are the participants of the daily showcase listed anywhere ? as it would be nice to know what is going to appear.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Paul -

As of this year, the showcase participants and flight order were published on the web and via other means (see my earlier post here) for the first time, alongside the air show schedule.

Regards,

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hi Hal,

thanks for the info - unfortunately my 'smartphone' turned into a 'dumbphone' whilst in the USA. It would be good if the showcase particpants could appear in the Airventure paper as that was my only real source of info regarding what was going to be flying each day. The schedule shown in your other post would have been very useful but I had not seen one before so did not realise it was available. I brought some 'first timers' with me from the UK and they were very impressed with how well the show was organised particulary the transport side of things.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Paul -

Glad to hear that your first timer friends enjoyed their visit! As far as printing the showcase lineup in the paper, we run into the same problem there as we do the air show: the info arrives roughly 16 hours too late to make it in. That being said, knowing that there are some places where the basic printed airshow schedule is posted (Convention HQ in the back of Hangar A, for one), it seems to me that we could find a few spots around the grounds where we could put up the paper versions as well. Great food-for-thought in advance of next year.

- Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

We *USUALLY* have one at each of the Vintage Flightline Point shacks (the plywood huts at intervals along the flight line as well as our operations building opposite the hangar cafe.
    I'll suggest maybe we ought to tack it up to the outside of these structures (right now they just sit on the counter inside).

Hal / Flying Ron - anything like that to make the showcase & airshow participants more available would be much appreciated. Maybe if the info could also be available say on the trams or at the trams stops for maximum exposure as well. If there is something of particular interest in the showcase that I wanted to see and knew about it early enough I could plan my day around it - rather than be in the wrong place and think "oh phoeey". Often the showcase is more interesting than the airshow itself as the acts do repeat over the week and from year to year. (have done the last 7 but am still a newby really) Will keep coming back unless the airfair reaches "eye watering" prices.

You do have to realize that even with the schedules there is some variation especially during the showcase. More often than not, things just run late but sometimes the order gets changed or their are cancellations.

I'm not in any position of authority, but I certainly can badger the chairman for what we can control.