Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Chalets really the problem?

Ahh...that makes sense. If you need a little more enticement...you might consider going up in January for the annual Ski-Plane Fly-In. You could see the museum and see some aircraft you might not normally see operating on skis. That might make it a little more worth the drive.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by cdrmuetzel@juno.com View Post
    i think that was the point. without the rank&file members, what happens to EAA? what will it cost to hire the jobs now done by the volunteers? without the homebuilts that were the building force, will EAA become another Paris Airshow? or will it be just that much better? better for who? or is that for whom?

The point I'm making is we all need each other and Paul also said that at the Annual meeting. Rod is new to the job and has heard the members concerns and I think he will do a better job trying to find balance.

Quote Originally Posted by wonka View Post
    I've thought of that...but we live in the Chicago area...a bit too far to just hit the museum, since we are there already for AV every year.
    We are in the Chicago area and drive up several times a year. It is not that bad of a drive even for one day. There are several events during the year that make it worthwhile to spend a weekend. The Eagle Hangar has always been used for evening events during AV. It is the largest indoor venue on the grounds. It, the Founders Wing and the three venues at the Nature Center are in use nearly every evening. I believe all the planes in the Eagle Hangar are moved out during AV so even if you were to get in you would be missing a large part of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop_Flyer View Post
    Ahh...that makes sense. If you need a little more enticement...you might consider going up in January for the annual Ski-Plane Fly-In. You could see the museum and see some aircraft you might not normally see operating on skis. That might make it a little more worth the drive.
    The Ski Plane Flyin is a great grass roots event..been going for years.

Ok, so have "evening" events in eagle hanger...but keep it available to regular people until museum closing time.

Ok, so have "evening" events in eagle hanger...but keep it available to regular people until museum closing time.
    They move all of the planes out and there are only a few displays. There is not much to really to see. It is all back in place on Sunday the last day.

Doesn't work. It is a major effort to set up for each event and cannot be done with people wandering around.

I was in Oshkosh the Friday before the convention, and the planes from the Eagle Hangar were already outside for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    They move all of the planes out and there are only a few displays. There is not much to really to see. It is all back in place on Sunday the last day.
    It wasn't in place on Sunday...we were there..sunday in the afternoon, around 3pm or so...and they had roped off eagle hanger. "employees only"

It wasn't in place on Sunday...we were there..sunday in the afternoon, around 3pm or so...and they had roped off eagle hanger. "employees only"
    On the last Sunday of Airventure? If not, I'm sorry. I saw they put everything back in. Were the planes in the hanger?