I went to Oshkosh for the first time in 2002. It was a magical week in an airplane wonderland. Warbirds flying by the dozens, crowded show plane lines, endless venders....it was amazing. I've gone back almost every year since. My dad and I have built a glastar since then and we are building a glasair 3 now. We have enjoyed the passion of experimental aviation for years going back to when I was a kid and Burt Rutan was designing plans built aircraft that made a child's head turn. Unfortunately things are changing. I have been going to Oshkosh for a little less time each year, and this year I aimed for Friday because I thought it had the best chance of having plenty of home builts on the lines and a good amount of warbirds in the air. I was sorely disappointed. How much of the disappointment is due to the economy I do not know, but the formerly crowded experimental show plane lines were fewer this year than any I have seen in years past. The airshow was sorely lacking. Warbirds barely flew and the airshow was just lousy. It seems that coordination isn't even there to put a good show together. As for the vendors? There were fewer than I have ever seen. I don't know if their costs are just too high now or they are not comming because it isn't paying to go. I am going to take a few years off from the show and hope things get better because this year I feel like I should have stayed home and worked on my glasair.