Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airshow complaints (obstructed views and loud music)

We sat in the grass next to the Aerobatic building each day and had a great view of the show.

the Canadian skydive team departed the jump plane behind the flight line. You have all of the crowd facing to the east and they jump out behind you. It might very well have been because of winds aloft, but it wasn't very comfortable or easy to see the great formation flying they were doing because they were straight above you. They would have been much easier to see if they had been out in front of us.
    I agreed with that. They were doing amazing stuff but you couldn't see it because they came out way behind the crowd and you were looking into the sun from where i was just trying to see them... Poorly set up. It might have been the wind but in the future, I hope there is a way to avoid that and give the crowd a better view

Come on you guys, your supposed to be pilots. Do you allow for the wind during flight planing, does that chutest have power for a go around if he is short? You always have to jump up wind of the intended landing zone. (That is a given, like you will descend once you are out of the plane) While aloft the first thing you do is watch your progress across the ground so you can allow for the wind during the rest of the decent. I will allow that with the square chutes it is a lot easier then in the old days but you still have keep in mind, your speed under canopy is only about 15 mph max. If the winds aloft are 10 you only have walking speed up wind so you must stay sharp to guarantee that you land where intended. Those impressive speeds you see on landing are called a swoop, and only last a few seconds as the energy developed in the hard turn is dissipated.
    Larry
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!