Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airshow complaints (obstructed views and loud music)

Airshow complaints (obstructed views and loud music)

The "premium sound" speakers actually obstructed quite a bit of my view, but more than that the licensed music they played makes it almost impossible to post any clips on youtube without their licensed music detection system flagging your video. At best you're stuck with advertising on your video and at worst it will not be view-able at all. Ideally, they would have used royalty free music and place the speakers behind the audience not directly in front of them.

The next annoyance is the fact that they park half the show planes right in the front center. What's the point of that? I can imagine someone thinking it would be cool to "showcase" the planes, but really it just obstructs the view of almost every takeoff/landing depending on if you're north or south of those planes sitting on the ground.

Case in point... :/

Next yr Ty Pennington is going to park his bus there.....

We didn't view any of the airshows but in watching the video above I have to agree with why park the planes in front of the flightline. Do they always do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian74 View Post

Case in point... :/
    I could not agree more...when the Rimowa tri-motor and Duggie are parked on the ramp the view is quite obstructed...

Regards

At the annual member's meeting yesterday, they announced a new e-mail address:

feedback@eaa.org

Rod claimed that he and the directors would read each message.

Give it a test.

By the way, at least two individuals spoke up during the member's meeting to point out the problems with the new sound system (too loud if you're near the speakers and it obstructs vision)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    At the annual member's meeting yesterday, they announced a new e-mail address:

feedback@eaa.org

Rod claimed that he and the directors would read each message.

Give it a test.
    Is the feedback address only for Airventure related concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Is the feedback address only for Airventure related concerns?
    Nope. It was offered as a feedback mechanism for any concern.

AC Hum

Speaking of the sound system (and feedback), I believe it was Wednesday night (possibly Thursday) where there was a pronounced AC hum coming out of the speakers in the Vintage area (and I assume everywhere else). While I was horizontal on my cot, googling for a phone number to call....you could hear someone moving a mike, then the hum stopped (you could hear cheers up and down the line)....then it started again. This went back and forth for a few minutes and finally someone must have gotten the idea that a blast from a 12 guage shotgun will take care of the problem. This was AFTER 10p, and was continuous since the end of "normal broadcasting" after the airshow. Boo Hissssssssssssss.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

I thought that the Saturday night airshow was a little disappointing. First: the Canadian skydive team departed the jump plane behind the flight line. You have all of the crowd facing to the east and they jump out behind you. It might very well have been because of winds aloft, but it wasn't very comfortable or easy to see the great formation flying they were doing because they were straight above you. They would have been much easier to see if they had been out in front of us. Second: The AeroShell T6 team put on a wonderful aerial performance but why was their "stand on one brake and spin in a cloud of smoke" after landing cut to just one turn? Last year they did three or four spins and the sound and lights flashing amid the smoke was awesome. Third: no one seemed to know what was going on with jet trucks. The announcers had everyone in the audience flashing their cell phones towards the sky to "confuse the satellites" when the truck took off triggering the wall of fire. Then moments later the second truck made it's run without any comment from the announcer. Finally we heard plenty of ads for all of the sponsors but no thanks or mention of the members of the EAA who are the basis for all this in the first place.