Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J3 Raffle Winner.

J3 Raffle Winner.

Am I the only one who is concerned that the person winning the J3 Cub and his association with AirVenture's may not be kosher. The winner, Jeff Parnu, is The editor-in-chief of the World Airshow News magazine which is also based in East Troy, Wisconsin. I hope that the EAA administered this drawing properly however it certainly does look suspect.

What would the EAA have to gain by being dishonest. I think Jeff is just one lucky winner.

Grrrrrr....shoulda been me <===that part is just a joke in case it escapes anyone.

Rick
    (the wanna be J3 owner)

Banned
    Wundrdawg, I see this is your first post. What may not be "kosher" is to engage us with conspiracy theory for a simple long standing raffle right off the bat as a first post. As Rick said what is to be gained or advantaged by EAA in rigging a RAFFLE. PULEEEESE!!! It is mere unadulterated coincidence that the winner is in an aviation business and happens to live in Wisconsin......and so what of it! What do you think the odds might be that some members of EAA or some of the 600,000 people who attend Oshkosh might be in an aviation business within an aviation environment/organization?? DUHHHH!! And even based in Wisconsin I dare say!

Yes, I do believe you could be the only one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wundrdawg View Post
    ... it certainly does look suspect.
    In 1993 and 1994, the Tourism Research and Resource Center, University of Wisconsin Extension, surveyed visitors to the EAA Air Adventure Museum on behalf of EAA. Not surprisingly, they found that 55 percent of the visitors to the Museum were from Wisconsin.

Attendance at AirVenture probably won't be as disproportionally weighted toward Wisconsin Cheese Heads as Museum attendance, but I expect that it will still be highly disproportionate. So the likelihood of a Cheese Head winning the raffle has a higher probability than a resident of any other state winning (unless they put a judicious amount of stickum on their raffle ticket).

I suggest moving to Wisconsin to improve your odds.
    Bill

Pretty tacky first post.

I hear the next year's raffle plane will be a black helicopter. Anyone else heard this?

Seriously, there are two Jeff P.s at East Troy. One of them won the Cub, the other is typing this post. So close! Oh well, the good news is that the other Jeff is planning to out it on the line at his flight school, so I'll at least have a chance to get checked out and fly it.

So close!
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

What a stupid accusation by the original poster.
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

I wouldn't go so far as to insult the man's intellectual capacity but I do offer this.......perhaps that will enlighten all of us.
    http://bcove.me/c8pk46zn

Ahhh...

My wife said that she didn't want me to win the airplane anyway....

I, for one, think that Jeff's winning the cub is PROOF positive that this drawing is indeed random! Glad you got the plane, Jeff!
    *** Life is Lead Points and Habit Patterns ***