Thread: What to expect on closing day?

What to expect on closing day?

I'm thinking of going back to Airventure on Sunday. What can I expect for closing day? Are most of the planes already gone or departing? Is it worth it? We like walking the grounds and photographing the warbirds, private planes etc. The airshow etc isn't important to us. I just don't want to waste a trip. I recall going to a county fair on the last day. Most people were packing up, few animals etc and felt it was a waste.

OH it's worth it, Brian. (in my ever-so-humble opinion). In my experience, some of the vendors and planes start to depart, but there's still plenty to look at and buy! And sometimes better bargains to be had all over! We never miss a Sunday, as we love to hang by the flight line and watch the departures! And there is still an afternoon airshow, even though that's not #1 on your list! Things do wrap up a little earlier vendor-wise, but other than that, it's seemed to be the "full deal" to me.

Sitting by the flight line and watching the planes take off and land is what is #1 on the wifes list. Is there a viewing spot for runway 27? I know we always sit by the N/S runway flight line but when we were there on Thursday quiet a few warbirds were using 27. We didn't want to risk it and walk over there and find no place to sit and watch that runway.