Thread: Fifi public viewing

Fifi public viewing

On Sunday I plan on running up at first light to see if I can get some photographs of Fifi and also her taking off on the first flight.

I have never been to the Appleton airport so I'm wondering if Fifi has easy public viewing access or if it doesn't pay to do the drive up since you can't get close.

If anyone has been there if you can provide some information I would appreciate it.

Banned
    If you go to the north side of the Appleton airport on Wisconsin Avenue, then turn to the south on Endeavour Drive, you can get pretty close to the B-29. They have a scaffold stand that’s open to the public – so you can get a clear view without looking through the fence.

Brian,

Fifi is in Oshkosh right now - arrived in last night. I don't know how long it will be there or if it is even going back to Appleton. You could try checking with their blogger, Steve Shapiro - http://tour.cafb29b24.org/

fifi is in the air show today in Osh, then its headed straight to Appleton.

Thanks for the information. We were going to do EAA today but after yesterday and the walking decided to take a break. Just my luck that Fifi would be at EAA today. That would also explain why there were no flights listed for today. Thanks everyone for the information.