Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd class medical denied ...

Tommy, I hope you are still fighting this, I had the same passion spent the time and money to learn and got 2 denial letters, I had issues due to Kidney stones and it took 18 months and two surgery's to get it cleared, Stay after it, use AOPA as a rescource. I made my mind up I was going to get there and did. There is hope.

tml

Wow! I'm hoping to start working on my private license and thought about getting my physical before I even started lessons. After reading through this thread, I will definately get the physical first. I know I could go for a Sport certificate, but that's not my goal. Very eye opening.

David

Mr Pavlich, I would never discourage anyone pursuing their dream of flight; however, if you start a medical and are denied, it disqualifies you for light sport. If you have any medical issues consult with an A.M.E. before you start an FAA physical. I wish you much success in your flying.

Hi Chick,

First, my name is David. "Mr." makes me feel old. :-) Thanks for that rather large bit of information. I guess I should wait until just before my solo?

David

Any luck regaining your medical?

Tommy,

I feel you pain and frustration, and hope you get the situation resolved in a timely manner.

On a slightly different subject, I think it was quite unforgivable, that your Flight school, did not talk to you about this before they eagerly took your money, and started your flight training. Totally IRRESPONSIBLE really -- they should have been aware that this is a potential issue for anyone starting to learn to be a pilot, and have advised you to secure your 3rd class medical, before committing a considerably amount of money for your training.

Maybe they did, and you choose to put it off. ?

Even then, I believe that they really should have insisted, that you secured your Medical, much earlier on during your training.

Geoff

I know, when I started, they told me to get one from right from the start.
    Not to the point that they wouldn't let me fly or anything, but obviously before I soloed.
    But they were insistent that I got one, before I managed to spend a chunk of money.

Quote Originally Posted by FS-MP View Post
    Tommy,

I feel you pain and frustration, and hope you get the situation resolved in a timely manner.

On a slightly different subject, I think it was quite unforgivable, that your Flight school, did not talk to you about this before they eagerly took your money, and started your flight training. Totally IRRESPONSIBLE really -- they should have been aware that this is a potential issue for anyone starting to learn to be a pilot, and have advised you to secure your 3rd class medical, before committing a considerably amount of money for your training.

Maybe they did, and you choose to put it off. ?

Even then, I believe that they really should have insisted, that you secured your Medical, much earlier on during your training.

Geoff
    At the opposite end of the spectrum, the local Cessna school requires a physical BEFORE lessons start, and that includes Sport certificate. I know one potential Sport student that crossed off the Cessna school. :-)

David