Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Attendance down this year?

I am EAA #715837
    You also have a major ax to grind with the EAA as if I recall correctly, you got canned by them. Not saying that your points aren't valid (I agree that they are kind of fuzzy numbers but that's the imprecise nature of crowd statistics for you...if we did it in a way that would give a more precise number, people would be whining about that too) but people need to realize the lens through which you filter your opinions.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    You also have a major ax to grind with the EAA as if I recall correctly, you got canned by them.
    No, sir, I think I turned in my notice on February 5, 2008 (give or take a day or two). I left on my own will. And I have no ax to grind, I am just a member of the community with a very unique perspective on how that place operates from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmutz2 View Post
    No, sir, I think I turned in my notice on February 5, 2008 (give or take a day or two). I left on my own will. And I have no ax to grind, I am just a member of the community with a very unique perspective on how that place operates from the inside.
    "I left on my own will" is code for "leave or get launched."
    Last edited by RV8505; 08-01-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    "I left on my own will" is code for "leave or get launched."
    Most certainly not in my case. My departure came as a surprise to the then-director of IT. I was scheduled to be in an expensive training course starting the day I turned in my notice. Even with as many senseless decisions as she made, why would she have paid for the course and materials if I was being pushed out?

EAA exploits the city of Oshkosh, WI, my hometown, and they lie to government so they get favors on roadwork, airport privileges, etc.
    ...While bringing in many, many millions of dollars to the local economy and tax revenues.

Most certainly not in my case. My departure came as a surprise to the then-director of IT. I was scheduled to be in an expensive training course starting the day I turned in my notice. Even with as many senseless decisions as she made, why would she have paid for the course and materials if I was being pushed out?
    Rightttt,............ I guess you just quit to save the EAA some Money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    RI guess you just quit to save the EAA some Money.
    Ha - no. I think they still owe me the second half of my 2007 AirVenture bonus check. I left because it was a miserable environment under the mismanagement of the "Acting Director, Process and Technology"

Ha - no. I think they still owe me the second half of my 2007 AirVenture bonus check. I left because it was a miserable environment under the mismanagement of the "Acting Director, Process and Technology"
    Maybe it could be that they didn't think you deserved a bounus? Why give a bounus to someone who "Left on my own" Just saying.

This is starting to get out of hand folks. You are all welcome to comment about attendance observations, but arguing about someone's employment doesn't belong here.

Zack

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    arguing about someone's employment doesn't belong here.
    I tend to agree, but if my credentials are going to be attacked or questioned, I'm willing to defend myself.