Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread for those of us NOT at AirVenture

What am I doing? Watching every feed, listening to everything and crying like a little girls because I can not be there. ;-)

Hunter Valley in New South Wales Australia
    Just had to double up my wireless broadband allowance to cover the week of webcam feed.. ouch! But it does help to make up for not being there. Well done webcam team! The missus is making me sleep downstairs so not to wake her up when i get up early to watch the airshow. (Whinge whinge bloody whinge). Need cheaper airfares so i can go every year. 3000 return is a bit hard to explain every year. (but what about the new carpet paint.... yarp bloody yarp). Same goes over there i suppose hey?

awesome! Sorry for the extra bandwidth bill, but glad you enjoy the feeds. But, now you realize you have 2 wisconsinites trying to figure out how to say "whinge" and "yarp"

lol, enjoy the rest of the show!

Paul
    streaming media chairman

Sleeping downstairs to avoid the wife so you have full concentration on the Web cams.... now that is dedication!

Well done, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    So, what types of things is everyone else doing to pass the time this week?
    Working.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anymouse View Post
    Working.
    It's still hard to pass up the show.

Some of us are even watching the webcams while we are still here at AirVenture.

yeah, its gotten to the point of the week we fire up the webcam instead of running outside to see what the noise is...

Now THAT'S just not right Paul!!!! A toast with my margarita to you...there are SOME advantages to being at home!

Oshkosh 2012

For some reason Oshkosh was not as enjoyable as usual. It started with the arrival. They put me on 27 and I was going to Vintage Camping. I had to taxi all the way to the south end in the middle of no where. They let me switch to the North 40, which had me taxing all the way around the airport around the end of rw 9 to the south side. No facilities on that side! I have been flying into Oshkosh for years and never experienced this. All the good parking is now taken up by, Bonanzas to Oshkosh, Cessnas to Oshkosh, Moonys to Oshkosh, Pipers to Oshkosh, J3s to Oshkosh, etc. The whole convention is less about homebuilding and more about commercial ventures. They even set up chalets along rw 36 for corporate VIPs with big dollars! Add the heat and humidity............ I flew my 1955 Bonanza from Tucson to Oshkosh, paying up tp $6.23 per gallon, I'm not sure I will do this again next year. But, I will probably get all charged up again by next year!