Thread: Windstorm

Windstorm

Pretty good storm blew through airventure today. The forum building I was in shook. Unfortunately an Airdrome WWI replica flipped over and landed on a Thunder Mustang breaking the canopy on the Mustang and virtually destroying the Airdrome replica. I have some photos but I cannot figure out how to upload from my iPad.
    Last edited by danielfindling; 07-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.

I was in the Ford pavilion at the time and was beginning to wonder if the roof would stay up. It was raining horizontally through the entrances and the roof was leaking like a sieve. Turned one of their Mustang convertibles into a mobile swimming pool! Sorry to hear about the Airdrome being destroyed; I had just talked to those guys a couple hours earlier.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I was parked up North of rwy 27. I was very glad to find the plane secure. A few were spun around, some may of tapped the neighbor. Your at the risk of how the planes around you are tied down. My home made 2" angle with spikes held very well.

We were in one of the vendor buildings...walking through the warbird area later, it looked like one of the A-4's got spun 90 degrees by the wind, but appeared undamaged.

It was a Fokker DVII that bit it.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.