View Poll Results: Does Chinese ownership change your mind about buying a Glasair?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will not, or will consider not, buying a Glasair now that it is Chinese-owned.

14 58.33%
  • No, ownership of the company does not affect my choice.

10 41.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another American aviation company sold to China!

Steve, as one who grew up during Vietnam, with Kent State, My Lai, and Watergate, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use the words "Nixon" and "good qualities" in the same sentence.

Other than the fact that he wasn't twins, I can't think of anything good about him.

Steve,

I agree regarding the soon to be Republican nominee, their really isn't much difference between the GOP and the Dems they both take $ and respond to those who lobby. The big fight over returning to the pre 2000 tax rates is whether we should raise the upper rate from the current 35% to 39%. The stated rates are all a phony argument since the tax code provides a zillion loop holes to avoid paying taxes, the only rate that counts is the effective rate, i.e. that which is actually paid. I didn't vote for Mr. Nixon, I didn't like the idea of a "Secret Plan" to end the war, but I do think he was a talented manger. Bill, I voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964 and George McGovern in 1972...both lost, my only regret during that period was not voting at all in 1968. I hope we get a big voting turn-out come Nov, but with all the negative ads it isn't likely. This election will be like most decided by the "independent" voter choosing the lesser of two bad choices.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Steve, as one who grew up during Vietnam, with Kent State, My Lai, and Watergate, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use the words "Nixon" and "good qualities" in the same sentence.

Other than the fact that he wasn't twins, I can't think of anything good about him.
    That was my point.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

If it makes anyone feel better there is a major story in today's business section of USA Today about how China is starting to see some economic problems and slow down of growth almost as if the U SA did in 2008 to the present, but not nearly to the same extent.

Glasair CEO steps down as new Chinese owner takes over

The beginning of the end of Glasair as we knew it?

Yes, New management will be something different! If they certify the "2+2" they may get a lot of orders from the growing Chinese aviation market. This is all speculation, just like tomorrow's weather will be "different" from todays! The stockholders of Glassair have approved this deal and their objective is to make $$, so it's safe to say that the free enterprise system is working.

Joe