Thread: Thanks For The Chuckle, Whoever You Are!

Thanks For The Chuckle, Whoever You Are!

Was listening to OSH approach/tower on liveatc a bit ago.... Standard arrival stuff going on with VFR arrivals on 36L. Traffic hadn't been heavy enough to warrant 'calling the dots', to separate landings, until...

What sounded like an older gentleman with a smooth Southern accent reported in ' (his aircraft type) left base for 36L'

Controller responded "(aircraft type), cleared to land 36L, land on the chartreuse dot".

Dead silence (the pregnant pause, if you will)....then from the aircraft "What the hell is chartreuse?"

Chuckling controller responded with, "It was supposed to be yellow but they got some green in it. Cleared to land."

Whoever it was made my day, cause I had no clue either!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Haha!

That is a pretty good one.

And the only reason I would have known is because my dad and my brother are fishermen, and a lot of fishing lures come in chartreuse. It's kind of a flourescent lime green.

Yes, a common fishing color. I guess fish are particular. I flew by OSH on Friday, East & out of the way. I listened up on the arrival freq some, sounded great. It wasn't to busy at the time. If things work out I'll be landing about 0730 Monday, can't wait.