Thread: Camping at Sleepy Hollow Farm instead of Camp Scholler?

Camping at Sleepy Hollow Farm instead of Camp Scholler?

Has anyone here had experience camping at Sleepy Hollow Farm, right by the drive in theater? To one who grew up rustic tent camping in national forests, this appears more attractive than pitching a tent in the sun at Camp Scholler. The other benefits are private showers, flush toilets and wooded hiking trails. Plus it's less than a quarter mile walk to the main entrance gates. Just wondering what others think. The way I see it, the only thing I'd be missing out on is the lively sights and activities that go on at Camp Scholler. But quite frankly, as I am not attending with a group of people, I fully intend on spending the majority of my time within the Airventure gates anyway.

I don't have any first hand experience at Sleepy Hollow, only at Scholler. I can share that a friend camped in one of the cabins and it turned into a nightmare for his family. I suspect that tent and RV camping are no different than Scholler. Sleepy Hollow historically has provided more hookups for RVs until the EAA got into that business last year.

My personal preference is to camp in Scholler. We usually end up around 53rd, which is a short walk to the exhibits, theater in the woods, or the vintage area.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Good option except they are always full...well before the event starts...after trying to get a reservation for 2 years I quit trying...there is a campground adjacent to Scholler and across from the Ultralight runway. They always seem to have room for one more camper. My buddy camps there every year in his motor home...and it may be cheaper...

Good Luck

Regards