It's almost time to go to Oshkosh. For some guys, they are about at the decision point where they are going to have to put down the pen (keyboard) and take a break from complaining that bottled water costs more than it does at Walmart; and if they are going to EAA, get underway. Or they can stay home and generate some more complaints. I am pretty sure it is going to be hot and dusty this year, but so is most of the U S. with the exception of Walmart, where it is nice and cool inside and the water is cheap and it is boring as heck, if not actually depressing.

I did my flight plan yesterday, about 4 and half hours flying time and planning two stops, personally not having a long range tank.
I drew the course line, decided the 2nd stop is Prarie du Chen, Wisc. as I've never been there and it looks good right on the river. Otherwise might be Decorah, Iowa just north of course.
I have both Wac and sectional charts, current even. I may be old fashioned by not having some super duper all they latest, I'm smarter than you, electro gadget to display the course , but real charts have gotten me there for almost 30 years.
I got the notam in the mail, very handy little booklet.

So now we are just keeping our fingers crossed for decent weather this weekend, and hope it is not too hot for the week there.

Most of all I hope all have a safe flight, or drive for that matter.