Thread: No. of Tents in N-40 Plane Camp area

No. of Tents in N-40 Plane Camp area

I read the rules and it seems you can only have one tent per camp ground at the N-40. Myself and a friend are going to go and bring two small tents (weight). Do you have to be in 1 tent? I have an 8 man and we can bring it if we have to, but it seems like overkill for two people. Last year I could have sworn I saw multiple tents all over the place. Two small tents seems like a smaller footprint.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject??
    Last edited by RickFE; 07-18-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: grammer

We have always had two tents and never had a problem. We have a larger tent for ourselves plus a smaller two-person tent for my Dad. As long as you're within the footprint of your airplane it shouldn't be a problem.

Vin's response is essentially correct. According to the 2012 AV Camping Guide (page 17 – General Guidelines), "Only one tent per plane unless a second is needed for immediate family members only." With that said, Flight Line Operations will provide some degree of tolerance as long as safety, efficient traffic flow, and parking space utilization are not affected.
    John Carrier, EAA #877198
    Vice President, Information Technology
    Staff Liaison to the N40

EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Phone: 920.426.6166
    Fax: 920.426.6865
    Cell: 920.379.4185

Thanks for the responses. I think it is more practical to use the two small tents. They occupy a lot less space than that Cabella 8 man condominium.

Rick