Thread: Who has the best doughnuts?

Who has the best doughnuts?

Some people have raved about the doughnuts at one or two places on the grounds, but I'm not sure where. Somewhere near the warbirds, I think. And somebody recentlly mentioned the Classic Cafe, which I thought had been replaced by something else. But then I don't remember the names of all the food places (except for the Hangar Cafe which looks the part!).

So who has the best doughnuts?

Thanks.

Classic Concessions is off of the northeast corner of Phillips Square (main ramp) just a bit north of the IAC HQ and just south of the Honda Jet building. If I remember correctly that's where we got those scrumptious HOT right out of the fryer, cinnamon sugared donuts. Yum yum.

Edit: I just took another look at the map and that IS precisely where we got those delicious donuts.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.

I second that post! I also talked about them in the traditions post. First place we go after going through the front gate. Try and get there early before the line is 1/2 a block long!

Before you enter

There is a food stop just before the main gate. Look to the left near the bus stop for a good location to finalize your plans for attacking OSH over coffee and a roll.

Ah HAAA! It's all coming back to me now. Actually Tom, if I'm not mistaken, it was YOU that told me about those great donuts way back in 2009 when we first met, and how that was always or usually your first stop when you first enter the AirVenture grounds each year, am I right? LOL Anyway, saw your post and thought I'd butt in and say hello to you.

By the way, there's what I think is going to be a pretty interesting Warbirds in Review session this year, with an F4 Phantom pilot along with a Migg pilot who actually dog fought one another during the Viet-Nam conflict. Should be a good one. I imagine you plan on taking that one in.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-18-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Your right Russ! And I'm going to be taking in as much as I can over about 5 days. No, I don't mean donuts! Well... maybe. But not the day my wife comes with!

Because there won't be any donuts left by then, you mean?

Aces Cafe, just west of the Homebuilders Hangar (just north of the forums plaza) has fantastic doughnuts!
    Cheers!

Joe

Just find out where the cops congregate.

Quote Originally Posted by barms717 View Post
    There is a food stop just before the main gate. Look to the left near the bus stop for a good location to finalize your plans for attacking OSH over coffee and a roll.
    I second that. Good value too, free coffee refills!