Thread: Questions about admission, camping, membership card (haven't received yet), etc...

Questions about admission, camping, membership card (haven't received yet), etc...

I joined EAA on June 29 of this year but have yet to receive anything in the mail. Will this impede my ability to receive member-only Airventure discounts when it comes to admission, camping, etc.?

When I joined I opted not to order advance tickets or anything because I wasn't 100% sure what days I will be attending. At the moment I know for sure that it will be through Thursday and will start on either Sunday or Monday. If it's Monday, I will just pay for four days ($27 x 4). But if I'm going to be there five days (fingers crossed) I will pay the $115 week rate. My question is should I pay in advance or when I get there?

Now about camping. I was planning on spending three or four nights in Camp Scholler, but someone on here alerted me to alternatives that cost less and are MUCH closer to the main grounds entrance gates than I would otherwise be. But can I still use the Camp Scholler showers, etc, if I go this route? And if I do decide to camp in Camp Scholler, should I register in advance or when I get there?

Welcome to EAA! I had the same problem a couple of years ago, if you call Membership Services (1-800-564-6322) they can email you a temporary membership slip that will enable you to take advantage of all that is "The EAA". If you plan on staying a member it is highly recommended that you have it automatically renewed, you can also do this through member services. In regards to camping, it really is truly an experience to camp on the grounds and meet people that are part of EAA, as a member I pay my way and would not be happy with those from other campgrounds using the facilities on Camp Schooler, they have the facilities set up based on people on Camp Scholler and members have had issues with people from neighboring camp grounds and EAA is supposedly going to crack down on that. In regards to preordering your tickets and camping, I personally don't pay in advance so I have no advice on that, the busy days for arrival are Sat(21) and Sun(22) and the grounds are generally very busy