Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone carry a backpack around all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    Malexander
    sent you a PM with all the info--let me know if you don't get it
    Beechparts@sbcglobal.net

Kevin:
    I got your message, wrote you number down.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Here I am at OSH11 with my backpack. It's a Cinebags CB-25 loaded with one large video camera, 2 small video cameras, a Nikon SLR with 3 lenses, flash, and all the various video and photography accessories, and of course water bottles. Only issue is the sweaty back some others mentioned, but I address that by alternately hanging the bag by just one shoulder to allow some cooling.
    Attachment 2268
    Texas Air Aces, I camped across the street from you last year!

I always carry a backpack at Oshkosh, like a student backpack. As hot as it's been, you need to carry some water with you, camera, rain poncho, daily purchase's.

I use a messenger bag from Land's End purchased back in '08. However, it's not shown in their current online catalog. I did see similar bags in Sporty's Wright Bros catalog. These bags have a WWII military design flavor and they look good to me.
    I, too, used my kid's school backpack in prior years to carry all the Oshkosh stuff I tend to accumulate every day.

I carry a large backpack that has a rigid backing with shoulder straps (for carrying and bus/tram travel) and also has wheels and a handle that folds down. I strap my folding chair to it with bungee cords too. It's awesome!

Another big thing is to keep aware of where your stuff is if you take it off or set it down -even for a quick moment or small purchase.

MANY years ago, I had a regular little camera bag stolen while I made a purchase and got careless. I now carry a full blown camera backpack so there is less reason to set it down or remove it unless I am adding a book or other purchase into its laptop pocket.

On the hottest of days expect it to be miserable carrying the weight and reducing the airflow to your back.

Another good(?) thing is that it allows you to buy and carry more stuff. All the major carriers used to have sites at the show if you bust your useful load limit. UPS, FedEx and USPS all used to be represented. Only FedEx shows in the Android App vendor list this year. The rest may still be there.