Thread: Is anyone attending Airventure and flying in with a DHC-2 Beaver?

Is anyone attending Airventure and flying in with a DHC-2 Beaver?

Good Morning Guys n Gals,

well it's getting close now!

I'll be leaving the UK in two days time, to make my pilgrimage.

As you may have seen from another post of mine, this is a special opportunity for me to attend and wondered if anyone's flying in with a DHC-2 Beaver? Whether it be to the airfield or to the float plane facility?

The reason I ask is that it's my favorite aircraft ever built and I take every opportunity to photograph them!

So if you're lucky enough to fly one of these beasties then please let me know and I'll be over in a shot!

Kind regards

Reggie
    Last edited by The Cameraman; 07-17-2012 at 07:36 AM.

There will be several there usually including one or two on floats. One of my favorites too. L
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!

Now if one Mr. Harrison Ford were to fly his in................... Oh well..just a crazy comment..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lyons View Post
    There will be several there usually including one or two on floats. One of my favorites too. L
    Hi Larry,

well that's great to hear. I was hoping a bag a couple during my trip.

Regards

Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by orvie6 View Post
    Now if one Mr. Harrison Ford were to fly his in................... Oh well..just a crazy comment..
    Hi Orvie6,

if he did, I'd be happy to click away at the aircraft and give him some privacy myself. According to friends, Harrison's a true gentleman to deal with. Which is more than you can say for other's that stand in the lime light. He must be a good egg, for choosing such a mode of transport!

If we have any interesting visiting aircraft to my local airfield, I always introduce myself and ask for permission to shoot the aircraft. Most pilots are surprised when I do this but I always say that I like to give them some privacy. We have many VIPs that visit by executive helicopters, so my method of photography is appreciated by the management and allows me to access area's where others can't.

Regards

Reggie

Hi Guys n Gals,

well I must admit to have had a thoroughly amazing time.

American Airlines got me to Greenbay without a problem (just a wee bit of a delay on the way home).

Great to meet up with so many wonderful people. I was interviewed by the roaming EAA video team and I'm sure they'd need subtitles, with my Lancashire accent!

I worked over 40 hours, as a FLO volunteer, made some lasting friendships and renewed some old ones.

Beavers on site & Beavers at the seaplane base (my favorite part of the event) and I came home with a wish to go straight back there.

And thanks to Sandy fro my new nickname, I reckon it suits!

So a great big thank you to all of those people who made the event one that I'm sure to return to.

Regards

Stuart (The Gremlin) Martindale

Stuart, didn't get to meet you but next year if you come sign up for the VAA dinner. It usually is on Wed. evening and you will also meet more UK types there, namely Rob Lee, a Taylorcraft re-builder of renown over there. He is a regular at the Taylorcraft chat group and has a wonderful web site of his T-Craft rebuild. I believe he is not to far from London. Larry
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!

Hi Larry, I kept my eyes open for your aircraft but didn't manage to spot you! I only managed to see about half of what I wanted to and never even had a chance to get to the museum. I reckon my regular, and lengthy visits to the seaplane base didn't help!

Looking at my budget I believe that next year won't be an option but the year after will be.

Regards

Stu