Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airfoil data

Try AeroFoilengineering.com

"G A Airfoils" by Harry Riblett has just about everything a designer needs to choose an airfoil for a given mission.

Todd - Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Not building a Cozy, but similar, started with a LongEZ set of plans & it evolved. I'm to the point of making sure the CG & lift are in the same general place & that is hard when you can't compute lift.

I see you did those with XFoil (which I messed with many years ago, but I have forgotten anything I knew) - I have been trying to do the same with XFLR5 but I keep getting errors that it is unconverged after 100 iterations...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    "G A Airfoils" by Harry Riblett has just about everything a designer needs to choose an airfoil for a given mission.
    I have that one on order, hoping it has useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Reid View Post
    Try AeroFoilengineering.com
    Thanks, I will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Riblett's airfoils are simple modifications of NACA airfoils, basically with larger leading edge radii. His airfoils are good if you are willing to give up some speed for improved stall characteristics. There is nothing magic in his airfoils. One more thing to keep in mind with any airfoil data is that it only applies to the range of Reynolds numbers for which it was analyzed and/or tested at. Don't ignore this important factor.

Todd