Thread: Best places to get water, both free and non?

Best places to get water, both free and non?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or information regarding purchasing (inexpensively) bottled water or even whether or not drinking fountains are conveniently available for refilling bottles.

Water spots for free water are shown on the big map you'll get with your admission. The 2012 edition also is online now. There are lots. There's no "inexpensive" bottled water. Many complaints on this forum about the price. But you don't have to buy it unless you must have your water in a sealed bottle. Then it's a lot cheaper to buy it offsite and carry it with you.

Kazoo, hit the Vintage Red Barn. Ice cold water has been $1 in the past. Not sure about this year, but the Vintage group is the best. Also there are a number of water trailers around the grounds you can fill your jug or canteen for free.

I usually carry a bottle or two of water with me and refill them at the drinking fountains. The water isn't cold but it does taste good on a hot day.

The water buffalos aren't bad. There was one just off the road just north of the Hangar Cafe last year. Most of the onsite water comes from wells that are pretty nasty. If you don't mind the taste, there are water fountains in various places which usually have jug fillers on the end. There's one by the permanent shower building in Vintage (across the ditch from the Theatre in the Woods), and another in the little triangle of grass between the tram stop and the hangar cafe as well as other places.

Some of the vendors took pity on the crowds in the past. One year Honda had a big tank of water bottles...

Last year pilatus and the bfgoodrich booths were giving away bottles of water. I personally will drink about any kind of water except "swill" (SNL commercial) really though. I find the water to be acceptable on the grounds of oshkosh

I agree with bneal, the water from the drinking fountains on the show grounds is perfectly drinkable. Your Mileage May Vary.

The IAC either gives away or sells bottled water at $1/bottle. The concession stand in the Ultralight HQ has $1 water, Gatorade, and Doughnuts.

There are water coolers and cups in the Type Club building in the Vintage area.

The farther north you go on the grounds, the harder it seems to be to find inexpensive water.