Thread: Avemco Insurance

Avemco Insurance

I lease ground for the hangar I own. I needed to increase coverage per my lease or be terminated. I talked to my long-time insurer, AVEMCO, and was told that the added 'per person' liability coverage would be increased from $100,000 to $150,000 without cost and that paperwork showing that would be sent to the City and County that own the airport. It never came, and I have but a few days to get this straightened out or possibly loose my lease. The AVEMCO folks say they have no record of ever having given me the above information and that the increase that I needed was not possible. Two different AVEMCO agents, two TOTALLY different responses.

I am sending them a policy cancellation notice and looking hurriedly for alternate coverage. Be DARN CERTAIN to write down the name of people you talk to when dealing with AVEMCO because you won't know whom to trust; the first person you speak to or the second one. BE CAREFUL !

Banned
    A good reminder for anyone dealing with any service provider of any type. You should also ask for an incidence confirmation number and an employee ID number as well. I'm sure there is no shortage of aviation insurance companies who would be pleased to provide you with coverage. Insurance people...right there with used car sales guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    ....and looking hurriedly for alternate coverage.
    Try Falcon Insurance. They insure my hangars and my planes and have provided great service and the lowest premium.

You might also try Northwest Insurance/Berkley Aviation. Ryan Birr or Terri Branstitre (you're on your own with the pronunciation) 503-640-6060.
    They have always been able to quote a policy, give me a binder number and send me a written policy within a day...

Chris
    You Tube only proves that more airplanes have crashed due to Video Camaras than any other single reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I lease ground for the hangar I own. I needed to increase coverage per my lease or be terminated. I talked to my long-time insurer, AVEMCO, and was told that the added 'per person' liability coverage would be increased from $100,000 to $150,000 without cost and that paperwork showing that would be sent to the City and County that own the airport. It never came, and I have but a few days to get this straightened out or possibly loose my lease. The AVEMCO folks say they have no record of ever having given me the above information and that the increase that I needed was not possible. Two different AVEMCO agents, two TOTALLY different responses.

I am sending them a policy cancellation notice and looking hurriedly for alternate coverage. Be DARN CERTAIN to write down the name of people you talk to when dealing with AVEMCO because you won't know whom to trust; the first person you speak to or the second one. BE CAREFUL !
    Call again. Maybe the third agent will do it for you. It works when I'm dealing with Delta!!
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

AVEMCO Insurance

I got coverage (cost a lot more though) from another company, and am cancelling AVEMCO in the mail today.

Its a reflection of the disintegration of our society world-wide that you really have to be careful about who you trust; I hope my new carrier will show a bit more integrity.

Thanks for your suggestions; I took one them to heart.

Wilfred