Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLICK Airventure 2011 Video

SLICK Airventure 2011 Video

After a total of 22 hours of flying in our 1949 Piper Clipper, my father and I successfully completed another adventure up to Oshkosh, Wisconsin for "Airventure". Airventure 2011, the 59th year of the convention, was the honorary place for celebrating major aviation milestones, events, innovations, aircraft and people. Themes such as the Centennial of Naval Aviation and Air Mail, Tribute to aviation legends Burt Rutan and Bob Hoover, 75th Anniversary of Lockheed 12s, Salute to Quicksilvers, Gathering of Zeniths, Electric Aircraft, Flying Cars and much more. All of these themes, all of the aircraft, and most importantly all of the people take one week out of the year and literally turn Oshkosh, Wisconsin into Heaven on Earth.

Airventure 2011 - Heaven on Earth

Thanks for watching!

SLICK

Seerjfly
    Last edited by Seerjfly; 12-31-2011 at 08:32 AM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    FANTASTIC As ever, Slick! Loved every second of it! The timing of the cut to Bob Carlton's jet sailplane during the night air show was absolutely spectacular - I had chills!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal - link doesn't work on iOS! Have iPad will travel!Slick-you from the Chicago area? Notice lots of videos of KUGN airshow on your YouTube ID. Just curious, as I learned to fly there about a million years ago.

Slick, only one thing to say about your vid, ENCORE! ENCORE!

But it's worth saying twice.

Excellent video! Very well done...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

That, my friend, was really good! Thanks for putting that together and sharing with us. I didn't get to go to AirVenture this year, so I really appreciate being able to see such a well-done video. Several things in particular that I especially liked:
    - As Hal alluded to, super job of matching the video edits to the soundtrack! All the way through.
    - Your selective use of the aircraft sounds
    - The sequence of several aircraft pivoting in the same manner
    - The back-to-back fly-bys by the Midget Mustang and the P-51 (not so midget) Mustang.

I hadn't seen your other vids before. I will definitely make some time to look up more of them!

Many thanks to everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy the video! Be sure to spread it around! Especially show those who have never been, not sure if they should attend, or don't even know about Airventure!

@Bob - Nope I'm from Central Texas. However, I have some good friends at the Warbird Heritage Foundation and the Torjan Horsemen based in KUGN, and I do both promotional airshow and air-to-air video for them.

SLICK
    Last edited by slickhutto; 08-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Man, I sure hope you end up working in video and editing for a living. Your videos are better than the "Big Boys" stuff!

As always, Slick, that was pretty good. My only request is that you mix more a bit more human interest with the hardware.