Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many marriages occur at an average Airventure?

Thought you might enjoy this story from 2010:

http://www.airventure.org/radio/clip...genWedding.mp3

Hey cool, that's the Interview *I* did (by the way, did you catch all the EAA Radio interviews with people I did this year?) Anyway, here's some pictures of the wedding at Oshkosh. It was really a lovely event and, because of Sloshkosh, the Bonanza folks let the happy couple use their tent in the North 40)

There's no way I could convince Kat to get married at AirVenture. If I had the money and/or clout to make it happen logistically (sadly, I have neither!), I would do my best to convince her to let ride on Aluminum Overcast or another one of the classic birds as a "getaway vehicle" for our trip to Chicago to catch our flights for the honeymoon.

On a related note and kind of humorous note, we've had to institute a disinformation campaign regarding our honeymoon in the spirit of Operation Fortitude. Kat's mother has been on our case about "Doing what Mike and Danica did with their honeymoon". Mike is Kat's cousin whose mother was widowed recently so they invited her to go along on the honeymoon along with the bride's mother. In turn, his mother invited Kat's mother and several others until there were thirteen of us on the trip and only Kat and I were anywhere close to the age of the couple. We didn't find out until we were on board the cruise ship that the bride and groom had never approved this. Their honeymoon was ruined (the groom was trying to find out how to get them home from the first port we visited) and Kat and I are trying to avoid this because we know her parents (read as: "her mother") will invite themselves along.

Therefore, we have created a list of options and figured out what is on exactly the opposite side of the planet. We will only tell them the antipodal options. We aren't giving them any information until right before the wedding and are going to give them three or four options to choose from (in the event of an actual emergency, my parents will know where we are). To paraphrase Churchill, in the time of a honeymoon, the truth is so valuable that it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.