Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many marriages occur at an average Airventure?

Hitched at the show(s)!

Okay.. there was also a couple that honeymooned at Oshkosh (this was in the pre-Airventure days!)... with us at Camp Scholler... the rear-leaf springs in the back of my conversion van were never quite the same after that... but a better story is a proposal at Scott Air Force Base several years ago by one of the C-9 nightingale pilots... who was also performing in the show flying his Pitts... His girlfriend, now wife, had no clue what was coming when, in the middle of his act he got down on "one wing" and asked her to marry him... of course she said "YES!" The rest of us on the announcer's stand were all in on it... I even got it on video!

The next question is how many divorces happen because of Oshkosh.

Interstater
    Not married at Oshkosh, but married during Oshkosh ’93. In return for giving up that date I received the perpetual and unalterable right to attend all future conventions! I thought that was a pretty good deal.

It turns out she likes the week at Oshkosh as much as I do, so there is no problem being there for anniversaries. It’s been great. She even figured out how to bake anniversary cake using charcoal and a cardboard box.

We are usually driving home from OSH on our anniversary, July 31. This year we were actually home for it. My wife is like Interstater's, she really likes and enjoys the week at OSH, as do my two daughters, ages 17 & 23.

Do honeymoons count as thread creep? My wife and I were married in our 172 at 3000 feet over one of the local lakes...preacher and witness in the rear...her and I sharing the flying duties. We honeymooned (via 172) at OSH 2009, which was her first. :-)
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 09-04-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Was it her first honeymoon or AirVenture? Just asking......

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    Was it her first honeymoon or AirVenture? Just asking......
    LOL, Lindberg!!! First AirVenture, LAST honeymoon...and point well taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    LOL, Lindberg!!! First AirVenture, LAST honeymoon...and point well taken!
    Well, Belated congratulations. Live long and prosper. BTW: I think I was camping very close to you in the North 40 in 2009. Several times during the night I had to go take a cold shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    Well, Belated congratulations. Live long and prosper. BTW: I think I was camping very close to you in the North 40 in 2009. Several times during the night I had to go take a cold shower.
    Thanks!.....and I'm gonna figure out a come-back to that 'cold shower' thing any time now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    Thanks!.....and I'm gonna figure out a come-back to that 'cold shower' thing any time now!
    Not too worry. I'll take the cold showers; you enjoy!