Thread: Arriving early Monday morning, July 23rd. Where can I expect to camp?

Arriving early Monday morning, July 23rd. Where can I expect to camp?

I'll be arriving early on the morning of Monday, July 23rd. Where in Camp Scholler can I expect to get a space? I just need room for a small car and a medium sized tent. No grill or anything like that. Also wondering if anyone has any tips regarding good places to try to get a spot. It would be great to be only a five minute walk from the showers.

Sorry to say, but you'll be way, way out in the campground. Sunday/Monday/Tuesday are the busiest days and the "good" spaces won't be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Sorry to say, but you'll be way, way out in the campground. Sunday/Monday/Tuesday are the busiest days and the "good" spaces won't be available.
    Haha thanks! Nothing's worse than being near the entrance gate (off the highway, that is), though, right? That is where we camped when I went with my grandparents in 2003 and 2004.

Have you considered camping in the private campsite by the Ultralight barn.. Stedhmuller, I think it the name of the property owner.. It is at the junction of Waupun and Knapp roads.. only cost $15 per vehicle per night and is close to the east end of Camp Scholler.. Look at Google Earth and you will see the area I am speaking of... They said they have not had to turn anyone away, no matter when you arrived.. The registration booth opens at 6:00 AM and closes around 9 or 9:30.. Migth want to check it out..

Got a bike to bring? I assume you are driving. A bike in camp scholler is a great conveyance.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195