Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian camping area?

Canadian camping area?

Noticed that a lot of people from different countries group up at Camp Scholler, just curious if there's a Canadian group there?

(don't mean to flood the forum with my posts lol last one for a bit )

Banned
    Hi David,

Fellow Canuck from Toronto here. We don't camp but if you find out there is such a group, please let me know. We'll come over and start a sing-a-long--a little Kum By Ya, Four Strong Winds, This Land Is Your Land(Canadian version of course)!
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 07-11-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Is this just more of the celebration of the War of 1812? I just found out the Canadians won! It's true. It's also a startling revelation to Americans. I am almost part Cdn, so announce the location if you find one.

Maybe Oshkosh is just the third in a trifecta of Canadian holidays: Canada Day (July 1), Bastille Day (July 14), and Airventure!

I vote for a round of "Barrett's Privateers" at Jay Honeck's party on Wednesday evening in the North 40.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Handelman View Post
    Is this just more of the celebration of the War of 1812? I just found out the Canadians won! It's true. It's also a startling revelation to Americans. I am almost part Cdn, so announce the location if you find one.

Absolutely! Here's some more revelations that will startle the stars and stripes out of you. Just a few of the Canadians who you think are Americans:

Alexander Graham Bell, James Cameron, William Shatner, Shania Twain, Steve Nash, Dan Aykroyd, Howie Mandel, Celene Dion, Justin Bieber, Alex Trebek, Art Linkletter, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, Micheal J. Fox, Mary Pickford, Donald & Keifer Sutherland, Glenn Ford, Leslie Nielsen, "Rush", "The Band", Fay Wray(original King Kong), Paul Anka, Sandra Bullock, Billy Bishop(WW1 ace, 2nd in shot downs only to Richtoffen), Raymond Burr(Perry Mason), James Doohan(Scotty in Star Trek), John Kenneth Galbraith, Sam Goldwyn(MGM), Jack Warner(Warner Bros), Lorne Greene(Bonnanza), Monty Hall, Dr. Naismith(the inventor of Basketball), Morley Safer, Jay Silverheels(Tonto), Peter Jennings, Mack Sennett(Keystone Cops)

....and they're all coming to Oshkosh looking for that camping group!
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 07-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Sorry to you Canooks coming to Oshkosh, we don't play ice hocky in the summer here...

Quote Originally Posted by avinuts View Post
    Sorry to you Canooks coming to Oshkosh, we don't play ice hocky in the summer here...
    Oh YES we do!

http://www.eteamz.com/OYHA-Warbirds/

http://www.oshkoshymca.org/activities_ice.asp

How could you leave Pam Anderson out of that group?

And if we are talking about pilots, how about Bud Granley.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    How could you leave Pam Anderson out of that group?

And if we are talking about pilots, how about Bud Granley.

The list was never meant to be all-inclusive but rather organic. Ya'all please feel free to add to it. Winner that comes up with the most names gets a 2-4 of Molsons.

Pam is a good one and we all love her great big......blue eyes. And talking great Cdn. pilots--Max Ward, one of the best bush pilots ever. Started with one old Fox Moth and turned his northern flying service into a fabulous world-wide charter airline called Wardair.