Thread: How to Get a Bike on the North 40

How to Get a Bike on the North 40

Last year, someone told me about a way to get a bicycle at the North 40. Apparently there is a supply of them available for borrowing or renting? Does anyone know anything about this? No room in the airplane to haul one up.

I have a friend who buys a used bike locally when at Airventure and then donates it to Goodwill when he leaves. I haven't heard of any bikes being available on the field during the show. Business opportunity for someone?

You can walk to the Goodwill I've listed below. If you get to Airventure fairly early they usually have a good selection of bikes fairly cheap ($25 or less). At the end of the show donate it back to them and write it off on taxes.

1600 W. 20th Avenue
    Oshkosh, WI 54901

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    You can walk to the Goodwill I've listed below. If you get to Airventure fairly early they usually have a good selection of bikes fairly cheap ($25 or less). At the end of the show donate it back to them and write it off on taxes. 1600 W. 20th AvenueOshkosh, WI 54901
    Excellent. Exactly what I was looking for!

I heard you just leave the (rented) bike in the North 40 bike rack when you go home. The Goodwill folk will claim it and return it to storage after the event.

I have a lot of room in the Cherokee Six so I bring my own. However I pedaled by the Goodwill and they had a selection of bikes just like everyone is saying. The word is out though, so get it ASAP when you get there.