Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good morning from a Brit, who'll soon be making a pilgrimage to AirVenture 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    Welcome Reggie, you will have a great time.
    Mornin' Joe,

I'm sure I will.

The weather could be a bit of a shock to my system, as we haven't had a summer this year, and it's the wettest on record! I'll ensure plenty of sun cream and a steady supply of fluids.

Regards

Reggie

Reggie, one way we can almost always tell a Brit is that after the first long day they are sunburned a bright red and in pain. The sun shines here, a lot, it ain't London. You need good sunscreen, 50 SPF, not that silly "sun creme" they sell in U K. and a good hat and sunglasses. And wear a light long sleeve shirt when you can and stay in the shade some.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Reggie, one way we can almost always tell a Brit is that after the first long day they are sunburned a bright red and in pain. The sun shines here, a lot, it ain't London. You need good sunscreen, 50 SPF, not that silly "sun creme" they sell in U K. and a good hat and sunglasses. And wear a light long sleeve shirt when you can and stay in the shade some.
    Mornin' Bill,

some wise words there Good Sir! I'll be buying the sun screen in the US and it will be a high SPF product. No point in using cheap n nasty stuff when it comes to your health.

Heavy tinted specs have been ordered specifically for the event.

I do have a daft hat, that I always take when photographing. I usually wear Polo type shirts, as there's nothing worse than camera straps for rubbing on a sun burnt neck!

Regards

Reggie

There are lots of indoor stuff to look at too, all the exibits & vendors. We have had a very hot & dry Summer so far in most of WI, could be more of the same or a drastic change by the time Airventure rolls around. It is currently great camping & airshow weather, but it has been very hard of the farm fields. I wouldn't mind some rain, but I want nice VFR weather for the Fiske arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    There are lots of indoor stuff to look at too, all the exibits & vendors. We have had a very hot & dry Summer so far in most of WI, could be more of the same or a drastic change by the time Airventure rolls around. It is currently great camping & airshow weather, but it has been very hard of the farm fields. I wouldn't mind some rain, but I want nice VFR weather for the Fiske arrival.
    Hi Joe,

I've had rain almost every day for the whole year so far, so if it does rain at AirVenture, I won't be best pleased! A little shower's OK but anything prolonged will be depressing!

Regards

Reggie

Don't forget the museum

Make sure you take 1/2 day and visit the museum, especially if you want to get out of the heat or rain.

Quote Originally Posted by jscharpf View Post
    Make sure you take 1/2 day and visit the museum, especially if you want to get out of the heat or rain.
    Good Morning jscharpf,

I'll be arriving on the afternoon of Wednesday 18th July.

I'll be leaving on the afternoon of Thursday 2nd August.

So I'll have enough time to catch a lot of the show, not all of it but I'll be doing my very best to absorb as much of the event as I can.

I'll also be doing my utmost to wear out the shutters on my camera's.

During the stay we've booked a brewery tour, At Stephens Point, so that should be great fun and Mr Owen has no doubt lined up a few surprises!

I'll raise this as a separate thread but my favorite aircraft of all time is the mighty DHC-2 Beaver, so I wonder if anyone will be attending the event in one? If so would they allow me to perform a full walk round photograph record?

Regards

Reggie