Thread: Why the Ford Mustangs and old model Ts and As

Why the Ford Mustangs and old model Ts and As

There was less vehicle traffic this year than in years past on the show grounds.( good thing)
    Did not see any kids driving gators at show center--the perimeter road was never jamed as in years past.
    My question--WHY do they let the ford mustang groups and the old cars drive around the show grounds on certain days???? Ask the tram drivers--it takes skill to keep from running over people who are not watching where they are going. I use to drive vans for the Warbirds--2 times I had people walk into the Van when I was stopped !! they never saw me?? If you drive a Cart, gator, van tram or CAR--you need to pay 100% of your attention to the people around you---because they will not be looking out for you --its gotten worse with people and their Iphones.
    During the show---9AM to 5 in the afternoon-- No reason for those car guys to be driving around--ITS A PLANE SHOW---NOT A CAR SHOW .
    Kevin

Ford is a sponsor...what do you expect?

It was kind of cool the year they announced the pilots that were going to be trained to fly the Wright flyer for the 2003 reenactment and they brought out Scotty Crossfield in one, but this year seems to be a bit overdoing it.

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    Thanks for the post. I thought I was the only one that wondered what the heck was going on with all the old fords driving around all day. Really a dumb thing to allow that adds nothing to the event but does increase confusion and decrease safety.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

My dad and I liked all the old Model T's, wondered why we hadn't seen them before. If the vehicle traffic was better looking, I wouldn't hate it so much.