Thread: You are invited to my AirVenture presentation

You are invited to my AirVenture presentation

I will be presenting "Drag, Speed and Prop Design" (or power and drag..) at Airventure 2012, Friday 27 July, 11:30 a.m. in the Homebuilder's Hangar:

What comes after the Norris Zero Thrust Glides? 2010's talk was about how to find your airplane's drag curve. 2011 was the Triangle Tool & how it helps with prop design. This year's will present Version 3.1 of the Triangle Tool with an induced drag cross-checker, flight test methods and case studies from real life, including the NASA-CAFE Green Flight Challenge. There may be some good stuff on practical horsepower testing on-airplane, too.

I will put the slides on my website ahead of time, but the real value of the show will be the show & tell part with live use of the tool.

If I can get a dozen to come, it may break last year's attendance record. Consider yourself invited.

Update

UPDATE: Power and Drag (and prop design) Presentation - - "What comes after the Norris ZT Glides?"

AirVenture is 8 days away by my count and 13 days until my little show at 11:30 on Friday in the Homebuilder's Hangar. As promised, here is the URL for the material I plan to use. Caution, please: I may still be tweaking this stuff or even adding more stuff up until Friday night. It's good enough to be public, but I'm never satsified, so check back later for updates.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~n17hh/Models/AV2012/
    This applies to RV's because it all started with my 7A and the CAFE report on the 6A. It applies to most GA aircraft, though.

For those of you who either cannot get to AirVenture or can't be there at the exact time, email or PM me for a phone # and I will try to arrange a "private" presentation either at the show or later, via telephone and web. Yes, I'm that desperate for an audience!

Shameless Name Dropping section:

For those of you following the Synergy aircraft, John McGinnis recently pointed to how I used this tool to illustrate a way to compare a future airplane to a hypothetical standard.
    http://rcadvisor.com/answers-john-mc...nergy-designer

I will also be saying a few words about the GFC winner - the Pipistrel G4 with some data from Tine Tomazic, the designer, that until now was not public. This will be an example of how the tool can find problems with the data you are using.

Jack Norris has been invited and said he would be there when I talked to him earlier today.

Follow up

I presented "Drag, Speed and Prop Design" (or power and drag..) at Airventure 2012, Friday 27 July, 11:30 a.m. in the Homebuilder's Hangar:

What comes after the Norris Zero Thrust Glides? 2010's talk was about how to find your airplane's drag curve. 2011 was the Triangle Tool & how it helps with prop design. This year's presented Version 3.1 of the Triangle Tool with an induced drag cross-checker, flight test methods and case studies from real life, including the NASA-CAFE Green Flight Challenge.

I did put the slides on my website ahead of time, but the real value of the show was the show & tell part with live use of the tool.

I did get more than a dozen to come and two or three were really intrested, so it was good.

Here is the link to the whole thing and a RV6A case study I just added.

I am probably going to keep on improving it and I will post a note when I do.