Thread: Help!, Style Question?

Help!, Style Question?

I am not the guy who is the first to grab the latest electro gizmo, and I'd rather fly than talk on a cell phone or look at a screen.
    So I don't have a cute bag to carry my I pad in, ( never mind that I don't have an I pad).
    But I do hear good things about aviation uses of I pads, so in the event that some day I get an I pad, like if my girlfriend gives me one for Christmas; I may need a bag for it.

Now I just got a new catalog in the mail with some unusual looking clothes in it. I think they are going a bit for a Harrison Ford look in Raiders of the Lost Arc, or probably what Steve McQueen would wear if he was still with us, or James Dean if he had kept that Porsche on the track. They obviously got my name off of some mailing list for style leaders and trend setters who are up on all the latest and greatest.

In this catalog there is a leather pouch with a strap that goes around your neck.

My question, if they call it a "Messenger Bag", it really is still a "man purse" isint it ?

My guess is it may not be the thing to wear to the first game in Austin in 10 days and I don't plan on going to Paris soon.

By the way Hal, it does not come in yellow and brown.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-22-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Yes Bill, if its leather its a "man's purse" if it were O.D. canvas, it would be a messenger bag. A retired Marine pilot friend of mine used a Walmart plastic bag to carry his maps, headset, etc. because it is waterproof.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    Yes Bill, if its leather its a "man's purse" if it were O.D. canvas, it would be a messenger bag. A retired Marine pilot friend of mine used a Walmart plastic bag to carry his maps, headset, etc. because it is waterproof.

Bob
    I would tend to agree, however I've seen leather messenger bags done in such a way that they don't look like a "murse." Unfortunately, they usually have quite a price tag. Saddleback Leather is a good example.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    By the way Hal, it does not come in yellow and brown.
    Well, the leather would probably take care of the brown, so I'd just have to add some yellow piping, or maybe a lightning bolt for dramatic effect.

Note to self: meet Bill for drinks one of these days and tell him exactly what I thought of the yellow and brown when it was forced on us...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation