Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Webcam Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dmbleess View Post
    You guys definitely have done a great job this year turning a baling wire and duct tape budget into a great setup. Every year it seems to get a little better as you find new ways to improve the system.

Thanks again for all of your efforts.
    Thanks for all the support out there. We have tried very hard to make this years webcams a better and have a much easier innerface for the end user. Planning and testing started about a month after the end of AirVenture 2011.

We have taken many notes along the way this year of some of the technical issues that have presented them selves and will see what can be done to improve on them with the budget we do have.

We also have been working on other ideas that we hope to implement as well in future years, there just was not time to get all the ideas approved and implemented in time.

Todd

We are planning on knocking down the extra cameras to reserve as much processing power for the Air Show and Stuff Stream.

Theater in the Woods schedule for tonight..

7:30-8pm General Aviation Awards
    8-9pm Greatest Generation in the Air

For obvious copyright and legal reasons the 9 pm concert will not be streamed, there might be something to watch if we finish our other volunteer tram duty. With the loopy heat induced sillyness in here today it might involve a vat of pudding and a strange pink flightless bird. Hal, you are invited, bring a spoon and a golfcart.

and yes, I did just use the camera to check out the customer line at the GoPro tent before I walked over there..

I have modified the tours on the Warbird, Vintage cameras to allow more time on the runways and currently the Ultralight camera is fixed on the approach for Rwy 18.

ok, just to let everybody know we have been told we should expect severe weather this afternoon and evening with winds gusting up to 60mph.

We like camerman Tim, if there is weather as expected we will unchain him from the tower and let him go inside, as a result the stream may drop off unexpectedly. We will get things back online after we have finished clinging to our tents and small children.

man, we could use that storm they were freaking out about...its super hot around here still.

anyway, airshow is over and the rest of the cams are back in operation. Theater in the Woods starts at 7:30pm tonight and remember we are not streaming the Little Texas concert however we might let a cam run so you can watch Deeraf's head bobble with his pudding.

Can you check on the South Webcam?

Hi, I'm watching from afar and the south, ultralight webcam is off line. It had frozen, staring north but you could at least see the planes come and go, now the feed is down. I can still get webcam central and the warbird webcam north. Thank you SO much for having these! I spent Sunday at my computer watching the arrivals with ATC.net playing. I miss you guys!!!

Hey, Paul, as if you're not warm enough...TITW feed audio sounds like the audio pickup is in the back of the house, not thru the mic up front.

There's a post on another thread that the south feed is dark, also.

Good thing there are TWO of you!....sorry, man, had to :-)

Jim

sorry was off attending to my other Tram duties. We have somehow lost connection to the Ultralight h.264 encoder. We will have to make the treck out there in the daylight and see whats happening.

I will talk to the theater techs and see whats up.

Thanks, Paul...you two ROCK!

We are looking into why the Theater in the Woods audio is poor tonight. We think it has something to do with when Little Texas setup their equipment this afternoon. Tomorrow we will be working with the theater sound crew to figure it out. The audio problem is not just from our end, it is also on the house tv monitor lines that run backstage, their main sound system was not affected.

We also are looking into why the Ultralight feed is down, we currently cannot contact any of the equipment installed at that location. We were all ready to head out there to check on the installation at the tower when a thunderstorm moved into the area. We will be heading out there tomorrow morning to start troubleshooting that location.

Todd