Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Webcam Official Thread

Bummer about the camera but that is unusual for OSH, things are normally cared for very well. Who owns the cameras? Discovery World, EAA, you, or ???

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    actually I volunteer for a handful of places and I must say EAA treats us well. We love the ninja like volunteer we have never seen, nor meet, that keeps a good supply or soda and magical sandwhiches in the fridge. This "Mt. Dew fairy" has a special place in our hearts.
    That fairy gets around because they also keep our fridge up at Flight Line Ops full. We are treated well for volunteers!!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Hann; 08-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Drove back to Oshkosh this afternoon to recover the webcams from on the wayfinding towers since they were laid back down on Thursday.

Right away there was not good news , first one I went to I found that it was broke off and in pieces. Not sure if it occured when the tower was laid down or if it got hit after the tower was laying down. This was the Vintage tower, which is the busiest location on the field. Needless to say, it is not fixable.

Attachment 2340Attachment 2341Attachment 2342

The other two were recovered without any damage.
    What a waste of a great tough as nuts camera.
    Considering how well they held up in the heat.
    Especially the camera zoom control and the electric motor for remote motorized left, right, up, down camera movement control.
    You might want to check to see if EAA insurance will cover the damage!
    Ether way make sure to keep it for back-up parts.

In case of camera troubles you also might want to secure at bucket truck (cherry picker) during the Airventure week so
    you can reach the cameras on the way towers. Unless you already have one.

Thanks

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    Bummer about the camera but that is unusual for OSH, things are normally cared for very well. Who owns the cameras? Discovery World, EAA, you, or ???
    Jim
    Jim,

This camera was owned by EAA. I will be talking to EAA tomorrow to see if they were informed of this happening and see where we go from there.

Todd

Is there any archived video from the air shows this year? Someone said they had seen me, because I was helping out Kyle Franklin shortly before his performance on the Saturday and said, "We saw you on the webcam!" and I was a little taken back. But, it is an odd request. My experience at my first AirVenture this year was nothing short of magical, exciting, and thrilling and I would like to document that somehow. If it can't be done, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pathollywood View Post
    Is there any archived video from the air shows this year? Someone said they had seen me, because I was helping out Kyle Franklin shortly before his performance on the Saturday and said, "We saw you on the webcam!" and I was a little taken back. But, it is an odd request. My experience at my first AirVenture this year was nothing short of magical, exciting, and thrilling and I would like to document that somehow. If it can't be done, no big deal.
    Pat,

Sorry, normally none of the webcam footage is recorded or archived by the streaming media group. However there is a very small chance that it was captured by the video crew that does record parts of the airshows. Some of these clips have links on the Airventure website. I think the tab you want to look for is Multimedia and then Video.

Hope this helps.

Todd