Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Webcam Official Thread

no of course not..there is no chance in hell that we could get that much data off the grounds and served to the world. its one DSL per camera out of the airport, the server that everybody hits is in milwaukee. Currently we are averaging 3 times the amount of traffic compared to last year when the cams were members only.

Airshow cam is going live at 2:45. At that point the other cams will be offline as per the usual this week. Might take a bit longer to get the cams back up after the airshow today as we have a limited window to get our cameras back from the very awesome FiFi crew.

we have a pretty stiff NE wind today and as a result cameraman Tim has had to take refuge on the south side of the tower. As a result his view to the north will be limited.

Passing along a text sent to EAA Radio: "Who can we email to give some praise to the great EAA camera coverage during the show" Since we don't read texts on the air during the air show...I am posting it here so that Paul and Todd can pass this along to our "Eye" in the sky.

cool...thanks for that.

anyway, the airshow is over and the rest of the cams are back up and operational.

Theater in the Woods will be up from 6:45 to 8pm with the programs I listed this morning.

We also got some super cool footage of the CAF's B29 FiFi as it did a flight around oshkosh, and no, its not shot from the outside of the plane. stay tuned, we will let you know how to view it...
    Last edited by Paul Hayden; 07-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Since the theater feed will be dark again due to another concert, Paul and I are working on putting some video footage together to play late Saturday afternoon before our ISP shuts down the network for the evening. We will post updates on when to expect a video if we can get it together in time.

ok, for your viewing enjoyment we have footage shot from inside FiFi as it did a few laps around Oshkosh yesterday afternoon. Its located on the Theater in the Woods stream and we will leave it loop all day. enjoy.

Thanks for the loop of Fifi. I am unfortunately going to have to ruin your entire AV. I found a combination of pc,software and hardware that does not work. I drug an old laptop( Pentium 3, 512 of ram, running Win2000) out of a closet to send for recycling. Just for giggles I decided to try it out. It did not work. Can you PLEASE, take some of your precious time, drop everything you are doing and fix my issues? ;-)
    Thanks
    Rick

lol! just for you, Boat Anchor support for 2013

quick reminder if anybody is still watching (seems like 50% fewer people are on the streams than previous days) that we will be offline from 6pm until 2am due to a network cutover being done on our host server location in milwaukee. That means all cameras and video streams will be non functional.