Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Webcam Official Thread

We are working the issue

Ok. Well, Just a reminder, the theater in the woods has no scheduled programs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    Strange. It was working the last time I was in the office. I forwarded the issue to the radio station staff
    Thanks Paul.

When I tried again @ 7pm , there was audio, just enough to hear the announcement that that was the end of the show !! ( You probably got it corrected a lot earlier)

Never mind, there is always tomorrow for me

Geoff

Somebody may be charging again...

I noticed the Ultralight Webcam quit streaming video around 1 AM. As of 5:45 AM, the other 2 Webcams are working fine, but the Ultralight Webcam is once again not streaming.

Paul....you've gotta see the humor in this. Maybe a sign that says, "This area monitored by video surveillance" ??? .... or point the webcam at the plug-in after dark and cache the stream?? Thanks again for all you do!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-27-2012 at 05:34 AM.

ugh...you have got to be kidding me. Ok, todd and I will walk out there....again....and see whats going on, probably the same issue.

tripped GFCI for some reason. To hopefully prevent issues went all ninja spidermonkey with the giant roll of duct tape. Ultralight cam is back in operation.

Tonights Theater schedule

6:45pm-7 Raspet Awards
    7pm-7:15 - Rotorcraft Awards
    7:15-8 - Mort Crim movie

after 8 we will probably be dark due to the Phil Vassar concert, unless we find something amusing to throw up there.

Is it too soon to talk about next year? :-)
    Paul and Todd,
    With a couple year almost under your belt I wanted to ask if you (when you get a chance) to compile a "wish list" of equipment and expertise needed to do what you think is needed to perfect your streaming system. I have learned a couple of things in working in corporate IT.
    1) Ask for everything + 1
    2) Sometimes It is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission .
    I am suggesting that all of us here look at the list and see what we could provide. I work for a couple of Fortune 50 companies that I could probably persuade to "donate" to the cause.
    Just a thought
    Rick

yeah. the first order of business might be a more powerful server. The dual processor dual core 2.8ghz xeon system we are running it off of can't keep up. All 4 cores are maxed out the entire airshow serving about 900-1000 streams. also I'm planning on taking a look at load balancing servers, then we would need another wowza license @ $1500.

Other misc stuff, a PTZ camera, housing and h.264 encoder for possible install at Seaplane Base, Mt Dew, new camera domes to eliminate those annoying scratches, a golf cart, GoPro cameras and accessories, pudding, spare h.264 encoders, and there is probably a ton of stuff I am forgetting.

These are just a few possibilities, but of course we have to run this past EAA and figure out what they want next year and how they wish to handle it.

and wow is it getting loud here, the crew is setting up for the concert tonight...ha, that way I won't accidentally give away the location of the bat cave..

we may have some cool video for you guys this evening, but until then business as usual other cameras offline during the show, back up after theater schedule I poseted earlier...too much Mt. Dew..blah blah..yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    yeah. the first order of business might be a more powerful server. The dual processor dual core 2.8ghz xeon system we are running it off of can't keep up. All 4 cores are maxed out the entire airshow serving about 900-1000 streams. also I'm planning on taking a look at load balancing servers, then we would need another wowza license @ $1500.
    Are you really trying to stream all those 900-1000 streams from a "PC" on the Oshkosh Site ?
    What Upload bandwidth do you guys have ?

Maybe, if you have time, after Oshkosh, you might be able to post what equipment you currently have, and how it is configured.

Geoff
    Last edited by FS-MP; 07-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.