Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Webcam Official Thread

Well the rain quit, and since it was still hot out and now with super swampy air that will keep us from sleeping, we decided to take a midnight walk down to troubleshoot the problem with the Ultralight tower cam. Well the good news is it is back up and online for everyones enjoyment. We can thank this outage to someone that decided to unplug the equipment at the base of the tower. Our guess is that person decided they needed to charge their cell phone or laptop.

And even after a hours walk, it is still to warm and swampy to sleep.

Todd

See Hal. Walked.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I see indeed, Paul... All of us, and I in particular, already owe you guys infinitely more than we can repay... So just double that and put it on our tab.

In all seriousness, though, you and Todd are the unsung and heroic backbone of this whole project, which is the very definition of EAA volunteers.

We simply can't thank you enough.

(and we'll start looking at the transportation question for next year in, say, August...)

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal...thanks for stopping by the thread. I'll address my comment to Hal, Paul, and Todd...

There are those of us out here who are willing to donate...pay to play...specifically to support Paul and Todds' efforts. Can you suggest a donation functionality that will 1) Get the funds to directly to the webcam gurus (they are the masters of making something out of nothing), 2) Let us know what equipment needed, as some of us old IT hacks have equpt that might be useful. 3) Tax write-off would be nice for $$ donations. :-)

Paul estimated between 950 and 1000 users viewing the airshow yesterday, and with the links open to the public this year, there will only be more demand in the future. I know this is a busy week for you three, but it's time critical...people tend to forget how much they enjoy the 'cams once the week is over, and apathy reigns.

Let me know if I can help in any way with coordinating this. Thanks!

Jim Rosenow
    EAA 64315

The tour for the Ultralight camera has been revised to view runway 36 and the Ultralight runway with some view of the general area while moving from different tour points.

Todd

Again we will be shutting down the streams on the 3 tower cams during todays airshow and stuff camera feed.

Does anybody know whether I'll be able to see the Saturday Night Air Show and Fireworks on the Webcam?

unfortunately no, We just got notification from Discovery World's ISP about a major network cutover taking place saturday night from 6pm-2am. It seems "somebody" is sucking a ton of bandwidth. ok, thats probably not the reason but unfortunately we will be dark. Its a ton of donated bandwidth we are using, probably exceeding 45TB for the run of the show, so we can't really complain too much.

We hope it takes less than the scheduled time, if so, we will post here and be back up asap. If not we expect to be operational sunday morning with cams pointed to the departure runways.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Again we will be shutting down the streams on the 3 tower cams during todays airshow and stuff camera feed.
    Cutting off the Airshow Audio as well ???

Tuned in at 5pm (local Oshkosh time) on Thursday. Camerman was doing a good job, but no audio.
    No audio on EAA Radio either.

Someone hit the wrong switch on the audio mixer ???

Geoff

Strange. It was working the last time I was in the office. I forwarded the issue to the radio station staff