Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Webcam Official Thread

Hello everybody..

Does anyone know why I can get all webcams to work except for the airshow cam ? The airshow cam gives me a server not found error from in side the webcam popup box.
    Thanks for any help..

Some of these cameras run on pre-programmed direction
    and show live feeds from the grounds, and some cameras (like the Air Show
    camera) may display live video of the daily air show as viewed through the lens
    of EAA's video production team. This is not a television-quality broadcast of
    the event, just a chance to share their view. There will be times when the
    videographer is moving the camera, reviewing existing footage, etc., where you
    may not see the show itself. This is to be expected.

EAA put Tim up there to capture video for other EAA and non EAA purposes. They are kind enough to let us piggy back off that video. He will focus on the air show as much as he can but occasionally he has assignments that he must complete which takes his attention away from the show, sometimes he just has to take a break. Also we just got everything running moments before the start of the show, so you might have caught a bit of the last setup steps.

strange. I'm watching the stream from the airshow just fine. can you tell us a little more about your system?

I know it may not by your fault..but the cameraman needs to keep focused on the FLYNG aircraft..not the ones on the ground...could not see ANY of the Heilo Courier!!!

Is there an issue with the streams?

Orvie6...you need to calm down...this is a free webcam...the camera operator is not up there to cover every second of the air show...they are there to cover as much as they can, while getting their assignments...if you want to stand up there in 100 degrtee heat and follow all the action...perfectly in focus every second of the broadcast as you demand...then come on down and bring a $70,000 lens plus camera and stand next to the operator that is already there for three hours.

Give the volunteers a break and enjoy the fact that there are any live pictures at all.

Guys

I got on the airshow cam after trying a few different times. I dont know what the problem was.. I tried different browsers with the same results. I just tried to connect over and over and it finally started showing right about when the beechcrafts were doing their formation flyby's . Thanks for the replies.. Jon

Quote Originally Posted by iflyatiger View Post
    Hello everybody..

Does anyone know why I can get all webcams to work except for the airshow cam ? The airshow cam gives me a server not found error from in side the webcam popup box.
    Thanks for any help..

Quote Originally Posted by Fodhopper View Post
    Orvie6...you need to calm down...this is a free webcam...the camera operator is not up there to cover every second of the air show...they are there to cover as much as they can, while getting their assignments...if you want to stand up there in 100 degrtee heat and follow all the action...perfectly in focus every second of the broadcast as you demand...then come on down and bring a $70,000 lens plus camera and stand next to the operator that is already there for three hours.

Give the volunteers a break and enjoy the fact that there are any live pictures at all.
    Like I said in my earlier post, I do appreciate what EAA is doing. Criticism shouldn't be interpreted as lack of appreciation. However, if the cam isn't going to focus on the air show, perhaps it shouldn't be called the "Air Show" webcam?
    Last edited by flightwriter; 07-23-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Very nice and much appreciated camera work by the airshow cam crew. Thanks a million!

I also appreciate that EAA provides some Video Feeds from Oshkosh, and that this year, they are open to all.
    (One wonders how many are now starting to watch).

Yes, its not like Watching "The History Channel", but something is better than nothing, and the price is right !!

Unfortunately, we have all become spoilt with highly post-processed video, and many may not appreciate what it would take to cover the Airshow in real time, as NBC or the BBC would. For a video feed, provided by volunteers, with limited budget and equipment, the results are really quite acceptable.

Maybe, in the future, some aviation company will realize the potential of sponsoring the video feeds, and by throwing enough money at it, bring is a full professional team, with multi-camera setup, director, video mixers etc etc.

Till then, thanks for providing a glimpse of what is happening at Oshkosh, for those who can not make it there in person.

( Thankfully, the Camera work is not as SHAKY as the TV cop show "NYPD Blue" !!!)

Geoff