Thread: Ride share stories

Ride share stories

I may have an empty seat in my aircraft headed to Oshkosh out of Virginia. Anyone have any experience with the ride share program, good , bad or otherwise ?. I am considering it, as it. Is always more fun to fly with. Someone else.

I've seen lots of talk about it on here. But not much in the way of takers. Seems like when the "empty seat" appears, the conversation ends. Unless perhaps they're pm-ing.

Hi vaflyer I was just about to post there - I'm in Richmond, VA and was either going to try to find 1-2 people to join me in a 182RG for a quick trip to OSH, or to hitch with someone else who is already going. I'm looking to go on Thursday 7/26 or Friday 7/27, return on Sunday in time to not get home too late. What days were you thinking of?

I used rideshare last year and ended up with 2 compatible riders. I did get a number of people calling that were interested in what seemed like airline guarantee for little or no $hare. I put in a rideshare ad this year but added a local note on the airport bulletin board at my local airport which seems to have generated a lot of interest.

Personally I feel that if splitting a ride helps to benefit someone else and myself, Great! But I have no qualms of trekking alone.

Good Luck

I know 2 people who seem like nice folks and are looking for rides from Boulder, Co. area. One, a student pilot, can go most anytime, early in the week is good, and one, who is a pilot, must work until Wed.
    Any offers?

Quote Originally Posted by RickFE View Post
    I used rideshare last year and ended up with 2 compatible riders. I did get a number of people calling that were interested in what seemed like airline guarantee for little or no $hare. I put in a rideshare ad this year but added a local note on the airport bulletin board at my local airport which seems to have generated a lot of interest.

Personally I feel that if splitting a ride helps to benefit someone else and myself, Great! But I have no qualms of trekking alone.

Good Luck

Yeah, my brother was offering to take someone with him. But when he mentioned $haring the cost, they backed out. They're lookig for a free ride. Sound familiar?