Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Annual Meeting

EAA Annual Meeting

http://www.airventure.org/news/2012/...l-meeting.html

Seriously???

The comments at the bottom are very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hkyplr18 View Post
    http://www.airventure.org/news/2012/...l-meeting.html

Seriously???

The comments at the bottom are very interesting.

Makes you wonder if they were at the same meeting.

From the linked article:

"Near the end of the annual meeting, a number of EAA members spoke during a question and answer period. Speakers were all longtime and dedicated volunteers at Oshkosh."

The real story: A variety of greivances were aired, some I considered petty, and some I considered major and which seemed to ring true with a significant number of EAA members.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    From the linked article:

"Near the end of the annual meeting, a number of EAA members spoke during a question and answer period. Speakers were all longtime and dedicated volunteers at Oshkosh."

The real story: A variety of greivances were aired, some I considered petty, and some I considered major and which seemed to ring true with a significant number of EAA members.
    Don't you just love the media....

Quote Originally Posted by hkyplr18 View Post
    Don't you just love the media....
    That story wasn't in "the media". It was an EAA release and was self-serving, which is pretty much what you'd expect in any press release.

That story wasn't in "the media". It was an EAA release and was self-serving, which is pretty much what you'd expect in any press release.
    I'll rephrase " eaa media"

I can't see the comment line being anything more than the same. Showcase comments of support and delete comments from the dissenters....after they have all been read of course.

You also forgot to mention Paul also advised everyone who paid the bills of the EAA ( Corporate ) . Further he said , "people were constanly bugging me for this and that and they didn't really seem to know where the money comes from." HE aslo said our $40.00 of our membership doesn't buy very much. We as members are just as responsible for the chalets as Rod with our wants. Everytime we want things we raise the bar a little higher and eaa has to rent out prime real estate to cover it.

IMHO, It is porbably good that the are charging the spouses full price for their tickets as they are the ones that seem to want more infrastructure and entertainment. Sure we have some issues but Rod is new on the job and from what I saw at the meeting he is willing to work with our concerns.
    Last edited by RV8505; 07-30-2012 at 11:46 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    I can't see the comment line being anything more than the same. Showcase comments of support and delete comments from the dissenters....after they have all been read of course.
    Marty, I'm the only one with the ability to delete user comments on news stories of ours, and I don't don't do this, period. The only time I delete, hide, or edit a comment within any of our online communities is if it's A) obvious spam, B) explicit or offensive, and in that case, if it's technically possible, I'd rather just *** out a word or two, or C) if the original commenter has specifically requested it with good reason.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Did anyone video the board meeting?
    Dan Horton
    RV-8 Fastback
    Barrett IO-390
    Alabama