Thread: Saturday/Sunday admission?

Saturday/Sunday admission?

I understand that the grounds are open on Sunday, July 22, but am curious as to whether anything of interest happens on Saturday.

Lots of aircraft landing. Lots of neat aircraft on the grounds to look at. Lots of pilots to talk with.

There are a lot worse places to be than KOSH on the Saturday preceeding the show. ;-)

Be warned that some of the bath houses will not be open yet and the food vendors will not be setup yet, just a few will be. But you do get to watch the aircraft coming in and that is usually a show all to it self.

If you drive in, they may not let you in unless you have a letter from one of the volunteer organizations. If you fly in, no prob; look around all you want. We got in one Saturday (drove) around 3 PM; would not let us in.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I am confused, the website says that the campground is open with early arrivals now.
    Is auto parking closed? Or what is closed?

Sorry; I was slightly wrong there. Yes, Camping is open; I was just saying that onthe Saturday before the show starts, the main admission gate off the blue lot wouldn't let us in. Yeah, yeah, I know; can't get in if you just drive up, but camp and you have full access....

Of course,that could have been up to the individual at the gate, too.... Like I said, if I had a volunteer letter, they would have let me in. Or, I guess...If I could have been more convincing of a reason to get in. ;-)

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

This has been a great help. Thanks much. We will be flying up, with Sunday as the preferred arrival day and Saturday as a backup in case of weather. We aren't staying at OSH, but if we arrive on Saturday it would be nice to at least wander around and soak up the atmosphere. It sounds as if the trick is to arrive via air rather than car, and we can handle that. In that event, will we park at the FBO or be directed to airshow parking?

Read the NOTAM, as it will be in effect. This has all the arrival information you will need.

I'm flying in on Friday the 20th. But have an old Navy friend driving up on Saturday.

Will they be able to come in a visit us during the day? Saturday or Sunday?
    It's just one dam job after another

Brian C.
    Sport Air Racing League http://www.sportairrace.org/
    Race 155

Quote Originally Posted by hydroguy2 View Post
    I'm flying in on Friday the 20th. But have an old Navy friend driving up on Saturday.

Will they be able to come in a visit us during the day? Saturday or Sunday?
    Saturday is wide open. Sunday requires either the week pass or Monday's pass to get on the grounds. I can't speak to parking since I camp in Scholler.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler