Thread: FORD Roadside Assistance not allowed to Enter EAA for a Jump start

Angry FORD Roadside Assistance not allowed to Enter EAA for a Jump start

Well i had a good time until i had a dead battery on my Brand New Ford Escape with 900 miles on it ,I called the parking people they said they had on site service and gave me the number and they wanted $53 for a jump start ,I told the guy to go jump in the lake Then i called the parking people back and was told they wouldnt let Ford Roadside assistance in because of out bound traffic which was bull cause the next night i left with the crowd then returned to the caming site ,Pretty bad considering Fords Sponsership and all the people named Ford there

wait, you are camping, but parked your car in the general public parking lots during the show?

NO I was parked in the campground and im a disabled vet as well

OK, your "parking people" comment made me think you were in general parking.
    If you have jumper cables, ask your campground neighbors! I bet you'll have no problems finding someone willing to help.

This was my first year at the EAA show and i told the parking people i was in the 101 woods camping and most old timers were very nice and helpfull and i did eventually find someone to jump me ,just seemed pretty crappy considering the Ford presence

I found the phone number for parking in one of the schedules

I own and operate a business here in Oshkosh and I am a Ford Road Assistance provider (at least for lockouts, lost keys and jumpstarts) and EAA is nice enough to give me a vehicle pass to get to customers on the grounds. When I get calls (thru one of the roadside companies or direct from the customer) during the reverse traffic I enter by my flying club hanger and access the grounds from the north 40, so it is not impossible to get on the grounds as I have done it many times over the past years to assist customers. I was also under the understanding that AAA or someone provided the lockout and jump start service for free out there but that may have changed as that was a few years ago.

At least it is not as bad as the annual Country USA festival in Oshkosh a few weeks prior to AV. They won't let anyone on the grounds at all. Lose your car keys there and you have to pay $75-100 for them to tow it off grounds to a public parking lot so myself or another locksmith can make keys for you.

Well I had a great time regardless ,very nice people ,the dead battery thing was just a lil sore spot with such a Ford Presence ,I plan on returning next year but will sure bring my 4 wheeler