Thread: Where to camp

Where to camp

I have a '66 cessna that would technically qualify for vintage parking/camping but it definitely not a show plane. I would like to park in vintage but would this be frowned on. Should I just go ahead to GAC. This will be our first time flying in to airventure so I am a greenhorn. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Ps, we are camping the latter part of the week

It does not have to be a show plane to park in vintage. If it's vintage................it's vintage. Park & CAMP there.

Absolutely park and camp there. Best place on earth.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

All you need to camp in vintage is a plane that's made in December 1970 or earlier. It doesn't have to be "show quality." However, you will get your plane's picture taken and if you are a VAA member (or you join), you'll get a nice commemorative plaque with the picture on it and a neat glass beer stein.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    All you need to camp in vintage is a plane that's made in December 1970 or earlier. It doesn't have to be "show quality." However, you will get your plane's picture taken and if you are a VAA member (or you join), you'll get a nice commemorative plaque with the picture on it and a neat glass beer stein.
    Yes, and if you are NOT a Vintage Member, please consider joining.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

I joined last year. I'd bought the picture plaque as a non-member for several years, but last year the volunteer laid it all out for me how it was really a better deal to join. I walked away with at least as much "free" stuff as the membership cost. This year they've raised the membership dues, but it's still a good deal given the magazine, the support for the cause of keeping the old aircraft flying, and the Vintage facilities and activities at AirVenture.

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    I joined last year. I'd bought the picture plaque as a non-member for several years, but last year the volunteer laid it all out for me how it was really a better deal to join. I walked away with at least as much "free" stuff as the membership cost. This year they've raised the membership dues, but it's still a good deal given the magazine, the support for the cause of keeping the old aircraft flying, and the Vintage facilities and activities at AirVenture.
    I assume you are aware of the vintage picnic on Wednesday afternoon? Absolute great event. Tickets at Red Barn but buy them by Monday or you will be SOL.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    I assume you are aware of the vintage picnic on Wednesday afternoon? Absolute great event. Tickets at Red Barn but buy them by Monday or you will be SOL.
    Nope, didn't know. Thank you! Will visit the Red Barn Monday by noon. Would not want to be SOL!

Mike E

The other event is the Shawno flyout on Saturday morning.