Please consider this a philosophical question of sorts. I am asking for opinion in a dialectic manner. This is a question I have pondered since I began flying and can't come to a conclusion. What constitutes a good pilot? I ask because I've been is several organizations and been around pilots and there is a population that are considered "good" pilots, as well as a population of those considered by some as "bad" pilots. As well as the "average" pilots. But as time went on, I found that the perceived good pilots all messed up at some point, just like the others. One took off with a tow bar attached, another who tried to taxi with one wing tied down, and other things. Not criticizing - everyone makes a mistake. But why are some who make similar mistakes considered "bad" pilots? The only element I've seen that distinguishes them is that some of the "good" pilots talk about it more, as in a teaching moment - but not all do. is it personality? Something else? Can someone weigh in? Or maybe this is an area where one shouldn't tread...